Hosted by Matt Leese
Iwata Ninja?
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 03:22 PM UTC
I am super-budget confined right now. And I'm moving into the city so my ginormous 160psi garage compressor will no longer be do-able. I need an appropriate compressor for an apartment and I can spend a bare minimum. Anyone know if the ninja is any good? Other suggestions?

I hate being cheap...
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 2,847 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 09:28 AM UTC
Richard, as it happens I just got the Iwata Smart Jet compressor to replace my ancient Badger. What a BIG difference. It comes with a moisture trap, pressure gauge, airbrush holder and build in carrying handle. It's also about only two thirds the size of the Badger and while the old one sounded and rattled like a heard of Tiger tanks the new one is almost whisper quiet. Air pressure is adjustable from 12 to 30 psi, there is no pulsing while spraying and it shuts itself off when not spraying. As soon as you press the trigger it starts up again after 3 to 5 seconds and there is no disruption of air flow. The only down side for you would be that it's almost double the cost of the Ninga. The Ninga in my area was CDN$150 while the Smart jet was CDN$280. Even my SWMBO loves it and said it's the first time she ever heard the actual airbrush as opposed to the compressor.

Hope this helps,
tread_geek
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 10:48 AM UTC
Thanks Tread,

My thinking is the Ninja could be nice if it can perform and costs little, next would be the Silentaire Skorpion One for $228. And finally the Smart Jet for about $280. I've been able to find good reviews that you've confirmed on the Smart jet but there's relatively little on the Ninja and the Skorpion. Also I'm having trouble finding a Canadian price on the Ninja, I think I might have to call a dealer.

It'd be nice to buy American, or get something under 200... but either way I guess I need a trustworthy endorsement. Hopefully somebody has used either of these!
imdead
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 10:35 AM UTC
this was my first compressor and i did live in an apartment its quiet and has a nice price tag . http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/tc20.html
 _GOTOTOP