Local, Regional, or International.
Newbury Scale Model Show - Sunday 28th March
Outerarm
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 11:09 PM UTC
The exhibition will be on Sunday 28th March 2010, at the Liberty Ballrooms, New Greenham Park, adjacent to Greenham Common. With its rich military history, we hope that the location will provide an ideal backdrop to the show, adding interest and providing atmosphere to what we expect will be an attractive and stimulating day.

With more than 50 confirmed traders and exhibitors, model competitions, wargaming demonstrations, hot and cold snacks and drinks, a bar and free entrance to the National Needlework Archives (!) there is something for everyone. As well as the usual modelling competitions we will be holding a raffle with a host of interesting prizes. There will also be a prize for the Club with the best display, as judged by the visiting public on the day.

The day will also be used to raise funds for the Royal British Legion, NSMC’s supported charity.

Full details can be found on the NewMod website at http://www.newmod.co.uk/

We look forward to seeing you!

Regards,
Ian Shumsky
Loobes
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 08:19 AM UTC
A very good show, Thankyou for organising. The competition was good as well and I managed to scoop up a medal Thanks again and I will be looking forward to NewMod 2011
Cheers

Loobes
Outerarm
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 - 02:28 AM UTC
Hi Loobes,

I am glad you enjoyed the show! As this was our first show as a club we did have a few teething troubles in the morning, but we managed to work around these. Chatting to the various clubs and traders through the day it seemed that everyone had an enjoyable day, though I do feel somewhat sorry for those next to the cafe area who had to put up with the smell of cooking sausage and bacon all morning!

There were some excellent models in the competition so congratulations on your medal!

Here's looking forward to the next one!

Cheers,
Ian
 _GOTOTOP