Superglue applicators
Bungal
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 84 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 07:58 PM UTC
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help me.
A couple of months ago I saw an advert for a superglue applicator made of what looked like black Teflon, it contained a small bowl with 3 applicators The advert was in either MAI or TMMI.
Now I want one I cant find the advert (typical).
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very happy.
TIA
Brian
tomdelis
Visit this Community
Flemish Brabant, Belgium
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 09:57 AM UTC
Hi Brian,

check this website:

http://www.microbrush.com/hobby/howtobuy/area.asp

a toothpick would also be a good idea.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 11:27 AM UTC
howdy..

I have 2 different styles of super glue applicatiors and I really don't use them I find either a toothpick or a small paperclip with one end straightened up works as well and I don't have to worry about keeping them clean of dried super glue. If I need a really fine tip to apply it I cut myself a length of copper wire I have several gauges on hand for scratch building grab rails and such. (I tape the wire to a small peice of spruce.)

P.S. here is something similar to what I think you were asking about not quite the same thing but similar at micro-mark

http://www.micromark.com/GLUE-DISPENSER,7874.html

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 11:48 AM UTC
OK--- Old fart trick:
1. Insert a sewing needle into an old cut off paint brush handle.
2. EPOXY it in place
3. Take strong wire cutters--- an average size lineman pliers works really easy for this step--- and cut off the very tip of the eye of the needle, this will leave a little fork like thing that will hold a small amount of CA.
4. If and when it gets fill or clogged, simply pass over a cigarette lighter or match flame to cook off the cured CA----- good as new.

REALLY HIGH TECH CA holder:
1. Take a small amount of non hardening modeling clay-- (Plasteline) --- roll it into small ball, then flatten it to about 1/2 inch.
2.Take above paint brush handle, use the ball end and make a small depression into the flattened Plasteline. You could make two or more depressions depending on the size of the flattened Plasteline you have.
3. Put a drop or two of you CA into one of the depressions..... it will last a lot longer than on a flat tile, foil etc, and glue your little hearts out.
4. Once it starts setting up, simply put a drop or two into the next depression, and continue gluing away.
5. When you finish up your gluing, simply let the CA dry out. When you need to use your homemade set up again, simply pry out the old dried CA, roll a ball and start again.

Cost==== about 15 cents.
Mine has last for years.

Have a nice day!
Bungal
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 84 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 - 06:44 PM UTC
Thanks for the tips guys.
Very useful.

Brian