_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Batteries for Camera
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 11:32 AM UTC
It's been my experience that if your camera takes AA batteries, that using regular or even the new Energizer e2 Titanium's can be rather disappointing as they seem to discharge rapidly. I would recommend the Energizer "e" Photo Lithium series as they will last about 3 times longer than the e2 Titanium battery. They are about twice the price though. Walmart online carries them for 9.94 4pk. more info

Hope that's helpful.

Jim
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 07:28 PM UTC
Thx Jim. I remember you telling me this at the Richmond show but couldn't remember what battery it was.
puyallup7400
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 93 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 08:29 PM UTC
With my Olympus I've had good luck with rechargables. Pick them up as a set with the charger from Radio Shack for @$25. Figure it has paid for it's self over the long haul. I do use the AC adaptor when attached to a computer.

Then Canon stuck me with their battery pack for the PowerShot!!!!

Dave
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 11:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

With my Olympus I've had good luck with rechargables. Pick them up as a set with the charger from Radio Shack for @$25. Figure it has paid for it's self over the long haul. I do use the AC adaptor when attached to a computer.

Then Canon stuck me with their battery pack for the PowerShot!!!!

Dave

Yeah - me too. I found the battery life really alarming and got an AC Adaptor. I'll take this new battery recommendation heartily - as my digital hasn't left the house since I bought it.

Gunnie
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 09:00 PM UTC
Yes use two sets of rechargeables. One cost aroud $20.00 but lasts about 60 pics no adapter the other set about 25 pics URR but heck still better the them titanium we went through 4 sets at $12.00 a pop. Heck they ought to give you camera and sell you the batteries.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 09:16 PM UTC
Check your cameras flash attachment. See if it can be turned off or disabled. If you can keep it from charging the flash your battery life will be greatly increased. I went with rechargeable also. I think they have paid for themselves by now. BTW how d you all transfer your pictures to your computer. I have a card reader plugged into mine.

:-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 10:40 AM UTC
Rechargibles are good for cost savings too. But I can't deal with the shelf life and discharge rates of a rechargible. But that's just me.

Jim
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 261 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 08:51 PM UTC
One thing however, check your owners manual for your digital camera.
Yeah, I know, real men don't need no stinkin' manual.....LOL
But, mine says (I have a HP PhotoSmart 215) NOT to use rechargeable batteries. It dosen't say why. I can get about 80 pics on a set of "Brand-X" akaline AA's. But I have to pickup an AC adapter. It does save batteries when downloading to my PC.
 _GOTOTOP