TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Green Zone Movie
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,199 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 01:08 PM UTC
I just saw Green Zone with Matt Damon and I thought it was a very good movie. I was wondering what the opinions of the movie are coming from those who served in Iraq during that period. Especially the scene where the special forces and a group of 82nd guys get in a fist fight over some high priority prisoners. Oh, and I still chuckled when they showed a clip of George Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech on the USS Lincoln.

Evan
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 09:06 AM UTC
Sorry to say it's another hollywierd let's bash G W Bush and the US Military propaganda POS. After reading a couple of reviews I'm going to keep my money and not see it.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 - 09:20 AM UTC
As a war-movie buff, I really enjoyed it.
elph
Visit this Community
Seoul, Korea / 대한민국
entire network: 319 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 03:09 AM UTC
I don't think I would see it. Not because I'm pro US foreign policy, but because movies these days are very weak, especially when it comes to scripts and storylines. It's hard to think of a decent movie in the last twenty years, let alone the last ten. Back in the golden years of Hollywood, there was real talent. Movies could be engrossing, entertainting, we could feel for the characters and their plight. But most of all, they said something about the times they lived in.

Yes, they could be political, but done with such a skill that you felt that the message wasn't rammed down your throat.

For those that believe in "apolitical" films... you're dreaming.

What do you have today? Special effects, liberals clinging to the wreckage, uninteresting issues about the bored upper middle class, banal comedies... and so on.
Splinty2001
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 84 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 02:35 AM UTC
I won't go see it. I'm tired of movies bashing us Iraq vets and all the sacrifices my comrades made there. MAtt Damon and co need to get off their high horse.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 08:03 AM UTC
As I said, if you watch war movies, you'll like this one. If you only watch war movies that shows your side to be right, well... better stick to HBO. I myself found the movie balanced and fair, and certainly doesn't bash the soldier on the ground. Personally, I believe a movie or book should be watched or read before being bashed, but that's me.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 03:19 PM UTC
We saw it several weeks ago and liked the movie. Caught it during the day for matinee price.
No vets or active duty people bashing were to be found in this movie.
My favorite part was when they commandeered civilian vehicles and rode up to that house in them

lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 09:41 AM UTC
i thought the story was good, intelligence being modified between the source and the intel Distributors.
And people complaining, Get off your high horses. Watch any WW2 film from 1950-1990 with Germans being Bashed, Not all German soldiers were tourturing facists were they.

everyone gets bashed, get over it.