_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
New Thread probs
ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 254 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 07:29 PM UTC
Hi guys,
I wasn't able to post a new topic using Google Chrome of Mozilla Firefox, however, Explorer seems to be working fine.
Any idea why this is?
Thanks for any help!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 08:53 PM UTC
I have been making updates to the sites stylesheets and layout over the past week and unfortunately these types of bugs are going to be popping up. I can address each issue with Chrome as time permits.

Just report the bugs here.

Thanks,
Jim
KursadA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 05:58 PM UTC
The recent stylesheet changes made it next to impossible to reply to any thread using Firefox and Safari on my Mac: The Google ad block sits right on top of the "Yes" button, making it very difficult to press it!!! I suspect this is the reason for the decrease in new posts that I am observing today.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 02:57 PM UTC
Hi Kursad,
Someone sent me a screen shot of the issue and it looks like the textbox where the post text is typed is far too large. There was a font family/size issue on this about 5 days ago and I updated the stylesheet to adopt a more typical san-serif 12px font size, however anyone with the old css stylesheet cached is getting this problem. For example the person who sent me the issue is using Google Chrome (which is what I am using now) and there is no problem for me. HOWEVER.... I just noted that the Google Chrome browser allows users to 'size up' this window which means that yes, if they have done that (and it's stored as a preference) than it will move over too far and be affected by the higher layered ad zone. If Mac Safari or Firefox also offer this feature than that could be another reason it's not working for a handful of people. We had 460+ posts in the last 24hrs which is pretty normal for a weekend time-period.

I will continue to be looking at the problem though. Adding some dynamic loading property to the css files may be one solution. This will force all browsers to continually reload the stylesheet. Drupal does this but I don't honestly think it's all that good of an idea.

If anyone having this problem can try resizing the posting window (it's a small grab area in the lower left on Chrome). Firefox does not seem to have it by default. There is also still the issue of no hand pointer when you hover over submit buttons. That will be easy to fix though.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 05:00 PM UTC
I think I have fixed some of the primary browser issues (including the site width/dead space on left) issue for chrome/safari. The site doesn't center on page for the time being but that's the trade-off for now.

If you are still seeing issues remember to try clearing your cached files or doing a forced refresh of the page.

Thanks,
Jim
ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 254 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 05:20 PM UTC
Thanks so much for working on this!
:)
 _GOTOTOP