TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
New MMO about Tanks
MickCH
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 02:25 AM UTC
Wargaming.net company (Order of War, Massive Assault) has announced a new on-line action World of Tanks. The game depicts a combination of such genres as the third person action, FPS, RTS, RPG, and the simulator. WoT will be interesting not only for mere gamers but for also for those who is fond of history of tank-building. The gamer will get highly detailed tank models, hardcore battles, and, most importantly, the atmosphere of shoulder-to-shoulder fights with brothers-in-arms against a well-organized enemy. Details: http://www.worldoftanks.com/
StoneWarrior
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2010 - 06:17 AM UTC
That sounds pretty interesting. I love how the trailer on their site shows a bunch of typical fantasy warriors fighting, and then the winner just gets flattened by a tank. So great.
Paulski
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 12:06 AM UTC
I signed up for the Closed Beta, but when it got accepted I found out that the half of my RAM memory isn't working anymore, and 512 mb is just too little for this game

I can play Blitz1941 though, wich is also a fun game, but more of a tank-rpg
Rubicon
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 05:19 AM UTC
Been in since closed beta.

LOVE It.

Just got my M26.

FIREBIRDC9
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 95 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 01:39 PM UTC
USED to love this game

Was doing really well , 1 tank away from panther and had just unlocked m4a3e8 sherman and BANG

game leaves beta stage and i lose all my stuff
cant be bothered to start again
Rubicon
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 02:58 PM UTC
I wanted to bump this. World of tanks is still going strong.

They are even doing a promo with Dragon, watch you model boxes for coupons for $15-25 in game items including a tank.

It's a really great game, and doesn't take twitchy reactions to play.
Metalgod
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 04:09 PM UTC
I like the game a lot. It has its quirks, especally with the matchmaking in the higher tiers, but the developers are on this and are adding new content all the time. Been playing since closed beta and I have about 80% of the tanks in the game unlocked. The next major patch they will be doing will add even more tanks and a new American tank destroyer line, definatly recommended
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 04:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wanted to bump this. World of tanks is still going strong.

They are even doing a promo with Dragon, watch you model boxes for coupons for $15-25 in game items including a tank.

It's a really great game, and doesn't take twitchy reactions to play.

Dragon? Or Hobby Boss? (or maybe both)

I just got the HB M1070 HET in at the shop, and they all had stickers on the box for a couple of give aways for World of Tanks.

New users could enter a code and it would give them 2000 gold to start out with (pretty good).

Existing users can enter the 2nd code, and it gives them 2 weeks of a premium account, 100000 credits, 2250 gold and the RAM II tank. Not too shabby!
Rubicon
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 01:16 PM UTC
Yep that's it. There is supposedly an even bigger code package in the 1/35th kits.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 - 06:42 AM UTC
Does anyone have a listing of the kits with the stickers on them. I checked my LHS and found nothing. I wrote both Sprue Brothers and Great Models and was told they didn't have time to look ( guess I won't have time anymore to place an order) I wrote Dragon USA asking for a listing and they said they would look into it. Squadron told me they knew about it but didn't know which kits.

I am on tahe WOrld of Tnaks forum about this and hope to get a listing of some kits 72nd and 35th to share with them.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,745 Posts
KitMaker Network: 221 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 12:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone have a listing of the kits with the stickers on them. I checked my LHS and found nothing. I wrote both Sprue Brothers and Great Models and was told they didn't have time to look ( guess I won't have time anymore to place an order) I wrote Dragon USA asking for a listing and they said they would look into it. Squadron told me they knew about it but didn't know which kits.

I am on tahe WOrld of Tnaks forum about this and hope to get a listing of some kits 72nd and 35th to share with them.

I've seen in on the following kits:

HobbyBoss HET
HobbyBoss RSOV (though my kit from Hobbyeasy didn't have it)
Dragon Tachpanzer III (the Operation Seal Lion one)

I saw it on more kits at the last show I went to (Richmond) but I can't recall what they are off the top of my head.

I have the Bronco Chaffee and Buffalo coming in early next week from DragonUSA, so I'm curious to see if they have anything in them.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 01:51 AM UTC
Not a bad game all in all but FAAAARRRRR too many 'wallet warriors and credit card commandos' at the mid-upper tiers.

The learning/spending curve gets pretty steep at tier5-6 about the time when not killing 2-3 vehicles or being on the winning team COSTS you money each battle.

The matchmaker software that sets up the battles drops the player into battles with a predominance of upper teir and premium tanks on a too regular basis.

Add to that the heretofor unknown fact that German TD's had suspensions made entirely of tissue paper and the tracks made of wet cardboard.

So there you sit in an ambush position in a hard-earned Stug III with the upgraded tracks/suspension, even if you've slaved away to buy a cammo net, and a Premium tank (Lowe, T29, KV 4) you cant even damage spots you from range and shoots off your suspension.

Swearing and keyboard banging follows, and then an unanswered shot or two later you die.

The player is then stuck waiting for the rest of the cool kids in the big tanks (read as: big wallets) to finish playing to find out that the repair costs exceed the reward for participating.

Add all those factors together and the game becomes too frustrating to spend ANY real world money or time with.

That said, I do still pop in an play in a 35t or 38t and have some fun driving around.
But I'm not spending any real world money there.

Mike
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 03:00 AM UTC
At this point I'd rather try to superdetail a Mach2 or a Lindberg kit than play that game.

too frustrating to try to play and not buy your way into the cool kids/big tank club.

Site guys, take their sponsor money while you can.

no more for me