_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
With a tear in my eye....
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 11:02 AM UTC
......I have just got to relate this story. A week or so ago I was sitting at the table painting the drive wheels on Dragons Hueschreke "grasshopper" kit when my girlfriends 10 year old daughter asked if she could build something... Well, much to my surprise I said sure. So I surprised her with a surprise visit to the local hobby shop where she picked up her first kit. Although its not an armour kit...... yet........ She and I got started on it this morning.. Lasted an hour before she decided it was time to change direction.. But it will be a fun build for us both. Her first, and the first car Ive touched in what I think is about 35 years or so... And here is the proof... [img]http://gallery.kitmaker.net/500/thumbs/P10501871.JPG" BORDER="0">[/img]

Hmmm... Looks like I gotta learn how to post pictures again... LOL

Dave
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 11:09 AM UTC
Here you go.

Looks good so far. Keep her going.

Jeremy
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 12:30 PM UTC
She is a sweetie and a car lover too! Model On Young Lady!
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 02:05 PM UTC
They have a short working span...don't they{mine is 7yrs old and my son, 4 wants to build in the worst way}.
Hey, is that an armor box in the background?!...subliminal persuation going on here?!
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 10:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey, is that an armor box in the background?!...subliminal persuation going on here?!

Yep.. I spied a nice little Trumpy KV-1 at the hobby shop, I so wanted her to pick that... But Istill have a few years to turn her to the dark side, if she decides to keep building...

Dave
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 03:52 PM UTC
BRAVO to you and her initial endeavors! Maybe she will be a star automotive style designer some day. model building as a youngster teaches many things in a fun way(almost subliminal!). Just let her have fun and let the results be. She has a great smile. Enjoy!
Rick
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,539 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 02:02 AM UTC
It's great to see kids getting into the hobby. My 6-year old daughter & 4-year old son already have a couple of builds under they belt. Every Fall my daughter gets "bit by the bug" as I say. We'll see what happens this year.

Here's their latest creations (Revell USA 1/32 Mack C600 Pumpers):
Matthew's (4-years old)

Marilla's (6-years old)

They actually took second place at the 2009 Fulton Model Car & Truck Show in the Junior Catargory last November.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP