History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Bob Hope dead at 100
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 02:40 AM UTC
I didn't know to put this in the Junk Drawer, or Movies and Television but seeing as how much history he saw I felt he deserved to be in the History Club thread.

I know Bob Hope means more to us Americans than he might mean to this international body but I think he was well respected the world over.

Think of the history he saw. Think of the events he was involved with. He had a great life and he will be missed.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 03:30 PM UTC
He was an entertainer for the world. I never saw a live USO show, but I sure saw enough films of them to know how beloved he was. I sure got a Kick ot of his "Road to..." movies with Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamor
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 400 Posts
KitMaker Network: 243 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 07:48 PM UTC
Yes we have lost a True American! I know he was born a British Subject but heck so were George Washington and Thomas Jefferson! Good bye Mr Hope you will be missed!
Jeff Larkin
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 04:54 AM UTC
While working for Boeing I saw Bob Hope at the delivery of a new C-17 transport aircraft aptly named, "The Spirit of Bob Hope." Hope was pretty feeble and sat in the back of a humvee, but his mind and wit were as sharp as ever. I remember him saying something to the effect, "With all the miles I've flown on behalf of the armed forces it's about time they gave me my own plane."

I remember as a child watching his Christmas shows from Vietnam hoping to catch a glimps of my father -

Bob - you made thousand of young soldiers laugh, and for many it would be their last.

God Speed Mr. Hope, the troops are waiting for you once again.