_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
My Works
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 11:08 PM UTC
Check nyo to guys! Yung ilan sa mga finished works ko. Thanks!

www.shonen-red.150m.com
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 04:31 AM UTC
Naupdate ko na kaya di na blurry yung pics.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 03:42 PM UTC
I like the paint job, especially on the A-10 - is this using your previous airbrush or spray can? Glossy but looks good. You could still rectify the glossiness by masking the canopies and giving the entire model a dullcoat.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 04:24 PM UTC
Huge improvement on the pictures pare! Klaro na ang details ng gawa mo. Galeng! Buti ka pa may natatapos

Ok ba ang Tamiya Mig? Feeling ko kasi reboxed Italeri sya eh.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 10:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Huge improvement on the pictures pare! Klaro na ang details ng gawa mo. Galeng! Buti ka pa may natatapos

Ok ba ang Tamiya Mig? Feeling ko kasi reboxed Italeri sya eh.

Maganda ang Mig ng Tamiya. Dunno kung reboxed sya ng Italeri. Meron pang available sa Accurate as of now.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 10:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I like the paint job, especially on the A-10 - is this using your previous airbrush or spray can? Glossy but looks good. You could still rectify the glossiness by masking the canopies and giving the entire model a dullcoat.

I'll try that. Bili nga ako ng Mr. Topcoat (Flat) this weekend
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 05:28 PM UTC
Maganda yung gawa mo. Na-post mo na ba ito sa aircraft forums? sayang na man kung sa amin mo lang ipapakita ito!
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 115 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 09:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

www.shonen-red.150m.com

Nice A-10,you can use a clear sprue stand at the tail end to make it balance.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maganda yung gawa mo. Na-post mo na ba ito sa aircraft forums? sayang na man kung sa amin mo lang ipapakita ito!

Yup, naipakita ko na yan doon. Sadly to say, walang nagpost Not even a single one!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

www.shonen-red.150m.com

Nice A-10,you can use a clear sprue stand at the tail end to make it balance.

Thanks! That is my ultimate prob with this kit. Ayaw tumayo in all gears! Laging nakalift off!
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 280 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 01:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks! That is my ultimate prob with this kit. Ayaw tumayo in all gears! Laging nakalift off!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

nice clean buit pare! same comments with the other guys, medyo makintab nga. about the problem with weight distribution para tumayo ng husto, i also encountered this problem with my F15, what i did was nilagyan ko ng pabigat sa nose yung AC para mabalance
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 07:55 PM UTC
No wonder that A-10 looked it was taking off. I thought you intended that.

Re: what Crismag said, you add the weight inside the nose prior to assembly, SR. Something with enough mass in a small unit, e.g. lead balls, etc. If not placed, this can still be rectified by adding a clear sprue at the tail to support the plane as mentioned before - but it's more realistic to add more weight to the nose or at least the forward part of the fuselage.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

nice clean buit pare! same comments with the other guys, medyo makintab nga. about the problem with weight distribution para tumayo ng husto, i also encountered this problem with my F15, what i did was nilagyan ko ng pabigat sa nose yung AC para mabalance

Salamat! BTW, what material should I use? Nakasulat sa manual na weigh but I don't know what to use. If I use ball bearings, chances are, makalog creating noise. Naisip ko rin na lang yan sya ng putty but putty is not heavy enough. Nalaman ko lang na unbalanced sya after putting in the gears! No wonder na hindi ko napansin because the whole kit is standing in its body before the gears were put up.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:34 PM UTC
What I do (or did because I'm still hooked on armor) is tape the cockpit and the two halves of the fuselage together then tape on most of the heavy parts in their correct positions (tail, wings, engines, etc). I then lift the whole wobbly mess by placing a finger directly under the spot where the main landing gear should be. If the plane tilts backwards then it's a tail sitter.

I began using soldering wire to weigh the nose down when my dad suggested it to me. It's soft, heavy, and commonly available at most corner hardware stores. I used to use coins taped and glued together. My Academy 1/72 Warthog has 1.50 pesos worth of 25 centavo coins right behind the ejection seat.
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:36 PM UTC
ako i used a medium sized knot ( spelling? knot and bolt) na medyo mabigat. dinikit ko yun sa loob ng nose
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:38 PM UTC
"Nut"
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 02:56 PM UTC
thanks john
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:46 PM UTC
Better yet, glue the model on a base (either just a plane wooden base, or "decorate" said base to simulate a tarmac). This not only solves the tail-heavy appearance, but also facilitates better handling on the finished model, since you handle it by holding the base, not the model, thereby reducing the likelihood that it will be damaged.

Re:rattling sound and ball bearings, the rattling sound is something that can be tolerated or left alone. However, if you don't like it, glue the ball bearings with superglue or, when placed in the nose, fill the nose with clay (any kind - playdough, model clay, or even wet milliput).
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Better yet, glue the model on a base (either just a plane wooden base, or "decorate" said base to simulate a tarmac). This not only solves the tail-heavy appearance, but also facilitates better handling on the finished model, since you handle it by holding the base, not the model, thereby reducing the likelihood that it will be damaged.

Re:rattling sound and ball bearings, the rattling sound is something that can be tolerated or left alone. However, if you don't like it, glue the ball bearings with superglue or, when placed in the nose, fill the nose with clay (any kind - playdough, model clay, or even wet milliput).

Thanks! Got a better idea! The next prob will be where the hell will I put the dio? I don't have enough space anymore! :-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 01:46 PM UTC
It need not be large, SR. Nor it need be a dio. A simple base with a name plate on it would do. A base around half-an-inch larger than the model would be sufficient IMO. The name plate would be a nice touch also. :-)
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 115 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 08:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Salamat! BTW, what material should I use? Nakasulat sa manual na weigh but I don't know what to use. If I use ball bearings, chances are, makalog creating noise. Naisip ko rin na lang yan sya ng putty but putty is not heavy enough. Nalaman ko lang na unbalanced sya after putting in the gears! No wonder na hindi ko napansin because the whole kit is standing in its body before the gears were put up.

:-) SR I'm using lead sinker for fishing it comes in different sizes & weights, its good for adding wieghts for the model, just put epoxy at yan talaga problema ng A-10, at lagay mo lang sa likod ng ejection seat kung pwede pang alisin.
 _GOTOTOP