_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
what is better for a photo
laurie
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 217 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 08:22 PM UTC
hi,
I'm now taking pictures from my dio's and I was wondering: what is the best way to take a picture from my dio's. Close up or farther away. Please help me so I can continue

thanks all -> Laurie :-) :-)

P.S. pictures are coming
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 09:49 PM UTC
Both!
Some overall pictures are nice ... from different angles so the viewer can see the whole dio. Also some close-ups of detailed parts, scratchbuilt buildings, ground work, individual vehicles or figures. If you have a digital camera ... take loads and choose the best 5 or 6 for show.
You might get a surprise when looking at photographs ..... they always show little flaws or mistakes that you have never seen before. I do this along the way now so I can check them. Its like an outside perspective ....... the camera never lies as they say.
So plenty of fotographs are advantageous for both you and us!
Looking forward to seeing them
ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 266 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:22 PM UTC
actually u can do whatever u want, but usually i take a picture with a perfet light, it means that if that possible ,do it before the sun goes down, so ur dios will have good light, and make sure u change ur lens into macro, if ur using digital cams, and if ur using SLR cameras, just make it more focus, and try to take from different angle, coz it will affect ur result,,,n good luck for u, i cant wait too see ur dios
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:34 PM UTC
On top of what the oters said I can suggest to shut with the minimum aperture you have available and, if possible, use a tripod to place your camera on. This will allow you to have the whole dio in focus when you shoot overall pics. When you shoot at details, in my view, use a wider aperture to allow only the detail to be on focus avoiding the background to distract who looks at it ...
Ciao
 _GOTOTOP