_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Yea enamels
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:52 AM UTC
Nope, not trying to start a controversy here. Just wanted to let folks know that though the acrylic attempt bongoed last night, I was able to put together (mix) a great deck color which I just sprayed onto the Essex. Came out perfectly flat and I was able to "streak" paint it to give the deck a slightly worn look. I promise NOT to give up on acrylics. I'll buy some MM OD and the acylic thinner and try it on my next project which is for the Tank hunter/killer campaign an M-18 Hellcat
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 06:55 PM UTC
Hey Blaster, Congratulations on the successful mix of the color. Funny that you should mention it, because so far, I am really really relucant to use enemal. I only used enemal twice. Once for the M1A1 I done like few months ago, and then the A-1H I recently finished. The M1A1 went well, but the A-1H had gave me a lot of trouble with the enamel paints. I think I need to learn how to mix the enamel paint some more for air brushing.

I had been using both Tamiya/Gunze acrylic paint for quite a while, and never gave me any problem. Don't give on acrylic. They smell better. #:-)

Da Truth and Good Smell Acrylic is outta there
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 07:58 PM UTC
Ohh, you guys still use acrylics. Come on, real men use enamel. Its a great conversation piece to. Chicks will say, whats that green stripe on your finger, and I'm like, "Oh, thats olive drab, from.. From my Models!" Trust me it is a great chick magnet. And if you still use acrylics, chicks will look at you more as a fingerpainter than a real man, an Model Builder.

Thats a great speech, not my best but.

~Chip #:-) #:-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 02:27 PM UTC
Chip if that is your real Aunt, I use enamels #:-)
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 04:09 PM UTC
Blaster, Yes. And no thank you, I don't want to be related to you.

~Chip #:-)
 _GOTOTOP