_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Squadron Customer Service?
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 05:24 AM UTC
Has anybody had problems with Squadron customer service lately? In the past they used to be pretty helpful, but it seems this is no longer the case. A recent order to them resulted in them shipping the wrong item (somebody misread a catalog number when picking, and the order didn't appear to have been checked). I e-mailed their "Contact Us" address immediately, but after a week hadn't heard anything. It used to be the case that you got a same day response. I've mailed them again since, indicating that if there's no attempt to rectify the problem, I'll be disputing the charge to my card, but still nothing.

Anybody else had bad experiences with them lately? Is it related to the VLS merger? When I did most of my buying from them, they seemed to have one person who handled all customer service, and she did a great job. Now it seems that they can't even answer a simple e-mail.

Cheers,

Al
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 06:35 AM UTC
Try the phone. 1-877-414-0434
I ordered a figure on sale ($27 in last month's supplement but $16 on-line) about 1 February, I receives an e-mail that it wasshipped 2 February. I hadn't received it as of 17 February, over 2 weeks. I called them and htey said it was due for delivery on the 19th, when it did, in fact, arrive. I was told I could have gotten it sooner had I paid more for expedited delivery. (Hmm, $6 for regular delivery of a 54mm plastic mounted figure weighing maybe 4 ounces including the box, 17 days in transit.)
Anyway, while I wasn't too happy with the delay--I got some cycling clothes from Honk Kong in 8 or 9 days and other modeling dealers can get me an order from as far away as Colorado in 3 days without more expensive "expedited shipping"--at least I had someone on the line who could respond directly to me.
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 861 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 09:36 AM UTC
Sorry to hear about your issue. I've been a Squadron customer for too many years to count, and in all honesty, I can't remember ever having a serious problem with them. I've had a few deliveries over the years that took longer than expected, but my last few orders - within the last 12 months - went out fine and were shipped promptly.

This is not to minimize the problem you're having, though. I agree with the idea of giving them a call. Sometimes there's nothing better than some good old person-to-person communication to straighten things out.

-YL
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 01:06 PM UTC
Yes, I think I'll give them a call tomorrow - it always puzzles me, though, when places list e-mail as a method of contacting them, then don't read their e-mail. VLS used to be pretty bad about that, so I guess that I shouldn't be surprised at Squadron having caught the disease.

I also experienced what the other Al did in terms of shipment speed. It used to be the case that if you order from Squadron, the item shipped next day. In fact, if you ordered before mid-afternoon, the order usually shipped the same day. This time when I ordered, there was a gap of almost a week between my placing the order and it shipping. They've really gone downhill. However, I don't know if this reflects the company as a whole, or whether the retail side of the business (Squadron) is taking second place to the distribution side (MMD).

Cheers,

Al
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 02:39 AM UTC
Well, that was painless - quick phone call, and I've to ship the item back, they'll refund the shipping, and send out the correct item.

Now why can't they be that helpful when you send e-mail?

Al
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 03:06 AM UTC
I hope you asked them if they wanted it shipped back by "regular shipping" or "expedited" and informed them of the charges accordingly

cheers,
Charles
 _GOTOTOP