_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Coup d'etat on the Philippines - ?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:16 AM UTC
Looks like it. In Makati - the business district - disgruntled troops calling themselves "Magdalo Group" have planted C-4 explosives in buildings to protect their positions against a possible gov't. attack. Security is up in the Presidential Palace, with 2 tanks (I reckon Simba AFVs) guarding the approaches along 2 roads. This is all currently going on as we speak.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 11:16 AM UTC
I've been hearing about these coups these past week, But I didn't know they were that bold...I've heard from the TV News that they're just preparing for Madamme President's coming SONA, but I dunno...

Storming the business district? Hmmm...(*Remembers Rolento's ending...)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:28 PM UTC
Ay! Nunahan pala ako ni Gl sa topic na to! Sayang! We need to be safe kaya as modelers, wag muna tayong gumala. Mas safe sa bahay. Buti na lang nakabili na ako ng compressor and finished all my remaining kits here hehehe.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:13 AM UTC
IT'S OVER! The President has ordered troops to stand down, after negotiations with the rebels ended. The rebels - 296 men including some 70 officers - have agreed to stand down and they will be prosecuted without being given any special treatment.
Job well done to the government, the loyal military, and the rebels' families who helped persuade the rebels to stand down.

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

IT'S OVER! The President has ordered troops to stand down, after negotiations with the rebels ended. The rebels - 296 men including some 70 officers - have agreed to stand down and they will be prosecuted without being given any special treatment.
Job well done to the government, the loyal military, and the rebels' families who helped persuade the rebels to stand down.

Ahhhh! May pasok! Oh well. Ok na rin yon
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:59 PM UTC
Wala na yung coup... Ewan ko...Nagkaroon yata ng agreement....

Pero dapat din nmn dinggin yung mga hinaing ng mga sundalo natin...Lalo na dun sa issue ng weapon logistics...Biro mo, cla cla yung mga nalalagasan at namamatayan ng tao, tapos dun pala sa gobyerno galing yung arsenal ng mga kalaban?! Nasa ayos ba yan?! Dapat imbetigahan talaga...
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 08:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wala na yung coup... Ewan ko...Nagkaroon yata ng agreement....

Pero dapat din nmn dinggin yung mga hinaing ng mga sundalo natin...Lalo na dun sa issue ng weapon logistics...Biro mo, cla cla yung mga nalalagasan at namamatayan ng tao, tapos dun pala sa gobyerno galing yung arsenal ng mga kalaban?! Nasa ayos ba yan?! Dapat imbetigahan talaga...

LW, the issue on weapons sales by our military to insurgents have been going on waaaay before these rebels launched their little misadventure in Makati. Stems from low pay to the enlisted men and the corruption of some officers. IMO, the corruption of weapons sales doesn't reach that high up to SecDef. The highest officer rank I can think of are those who are directly in charge of logistics at the BN or Bde level. Hell, as recent as just a year or 2 ago, there was a weeeeeee little news item about a tunnel found in a military camp, linking the outside to a military warehouse filled with ammo. It was suspected that the tunnel was made by conspiring troops and insurgents in the area, perhaps MNLF-integrees or those in the military who are bent on embarrassing the government (read: dis-stabilizers) or just plain poor soldiers who are in need of some cash to purchase much needed food or medicine for their families. It's old news and need not be shocking to the conscience. Nor does it require a Congressional or Senate investigation (we've had enough of those - Congress should concentrate on making laws, not investigate). What these rebels should've done is go through the proper process, not just go out, hold everyone hostage, just to address their greivances. If I were president, I'd have them shot for rebellion. They swore an oath to the Government and the Constitution. They violated that. Sounds like rebellion to me. (BTW, treason, IIRC, can only be committed in times of war, and it is adhering to the enemy, normally another State). As for the rest of their allegations, sheer conspiracy theory stuff. They probably forgot to wear their military issued tin-foil beenie aluminum hats.

What pisses me off is that these are supposedly bright young lads. Apparently, they're not. Believing too much in conspiracy theories is an indication that baka may-sayad sila. Also, it seems they swallowed the theory that SecDef was in charge with the weapons sales hook-line-and-sinker without thinking that the same ammo could've been captured by the insurgents and used against the troops. Hell, the insurgents have staged a lot of raids against the military, ambushes, etc. Surely, perhaps a crate of ammo could've been stolen. What further pisses me off is that they used the name "Magdalo" for their group. My great-grand uncles fought in the 1896 Revolution against Spain under Aguinaldo's Magdalo Faction. One of them was a close (make that BEST) friend of Aguinaldo himself (he's got a weeee small monument in Kawit, Cavite, in case you're interested). The rebels' use of the name "Magdalo" for their rebellious purposes stains the honor of my uncles.

And lastly, before anyone can scream "Bloody murder! He's insulting the military!" against me because of my rant above, mind you, I've got friends who are sons and daughters of career military officers. And they - along with their respective soldier fathers - agree that what the rebels did was sheer stupidity, recklessness, and dishonorable. A soldier's first duty is loyalty to the Government. From that, stems the rest of the duties (honor, protection, etc.).
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:30 AM UTC
More fun with them little kids who wore the red arm bands hehehe! Got this in me inbox...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mahal kong Lt. SG Antonio Trillanes IV,

Magandang umaga/hapon. Nawa'y maigi ang iyong kalagayan d'yan sa stockade.

Magpahinga ka muna bago ka humarap sa court martial. Hindi bale nang litisin ka, nakapag-stay sa naman sa Oakwood, samantalang kami, pinaasa mong walang pasok
ngayon. KJ ka talaga.

Sinulat ko ang liham na ito para puriin ka sa iyong kagitingan na ipaalam sa buong sambayanang Pilipino ang kabulukang nangyayari sa ating gobyerno.

Mabuhay ka.

Ang problema nga lang, alam na namin lahat iyon, Kapitan Trillanes.

Hindi na ninyo kailangan pang magtanim ng bomba at magpapogi sa inyong mga fatigues para lang ipaalam sa buong madla na may mga katiwalian sa gobyerno.

Hindi tuloy ako nakapanood ng Terminator 3, eh malapit nang mawala sa sine 'yon. Okay sana kung nagbakbakan kayo ng mga sundalo ng gobyerno. Mala-THE ROCK saka DIE
HARD sana ang nangyari. Kaso, nagsisisigaw lamang kayo sa lobby ng Oakwood. Para
ano pa ang inyong mga armband?

Sabagay pwede na kayong magtayo ng boutique na ang brand name ay Magdalo.

Pwde kayong magtinda ng mga armbands, fatigue-inspired pants, caps at shades. Ipwesto nyo dyan sa Oakwood para strategic ang location at may sentimental value pa. Bebenta kayo, promise.

Sa launch ng inyong boutique, pwede kayong maglagay ng mga bomba sa parking lot tapos magpaparty kayo doon. Masaya di ba?

Mabalik tayo sa layunin ng liham na ito. Yung sinasabi mong nagbebenta si Secretary Reyes ng bala sa mga rebelde, aba, lumang balita na 'yan. Alam na naming mga ordinaryong tao yan. Bakit?

Kaugalian na nating mga Pilipino ang mag-sideline di ba? Sa opisina nga namin may nagtitinda ng tsinelas, beads, tocino, tapa, muffins saka bags.

Eh hayaan mo nang magbenta si Secretary Reyes ng bala sa kanila, baka gawang Taiwan lang naman yung mga bala na 'yon. Mahirap buhay eh, magkano lang naman sweldo ni Secretary Reyes. Malamang lumilihis yung mga bala o kaya puro supot.

Yun namang sinasabi mong si GMA ang nag-utos ng pambobomba sa Davao, alam na rin naming mga Pilipino 'yon. Kaw naman, Kapitan Trillanes, sa pagka-tsismoso nating mga Pilipino, sino ba naman hindi nakakaalam na gobyerno gumagawa ng mga kalokohang 'yon?

Plaza Miranda, Jabidah Massacre, pagpatay kay Ninoy, Rizal Day bombings, at kung anu-ano pang kababalaghan, alam na naming gobyerno gumagawa. Hindi naman kami istupido noh! Sabi nga ng mga taga-Assumption, "We're not like tanga naman..."

Ang drama-drama mo masyado, eh kami namang mga ordinaryong tao tinatawanan na lang mga katiwalian sa gobyerno. May linya ka pang "we're ready to die for our principles."

Huuu...if I know, gusto mo lang magpa-spa sa Oakwood kasi sira na ang iyong kutis dahil sa kagat ng lamok sa Basilan. Dapat sinabi mo na lang sa akin, may murang spa
dyan sa Quezon Avenue, may "extra" pa.

Ayan tuloy, nagsara Glorietta ng isang isang araw. Lagot ka, milyon nalugi sa mga Ayala. Baka pabayaran lahat sa 'yo yan. At saka naman Kapitan Trillanes, next time kayo magta-take over ng anumang lugar, 'wag naman sa mall. Hindi bagay sa inyong mga fatigues and armbands. Sino ba scriptwriter ninyo? Tsugiin! Mali ang location ng action! Ni walang symbolic o strategic meaning ang Oakwood.

Hindi kayo nanood ng THE ROCK ano?

Hay nako, may pasok tuloy ngayon. Nabitin kami. Pogi points ka pa sa mga girls kasi ang guapo mo sa fatigue. Yun nga lang, you didn't die for your principles. May paiyak-iyak and hug pa kayo.

Kaya kayo tinatawanan ng Abu Sayyaf, malalambot ang puso ninyo, madrama kayo masyado. Ganyan ba kayo sa Basilan? 'Pag rat-ratan na, nagyayakapan na lang kayo at
umiiyak? God, it's so nakakahiya naman to the enemy.

Hay nako, Kapitan Trillanes, mag-direct ka na lang ng pelikula ha? Tingin ko mas magaling ka pa kay Ang Lee kasi militar ka talaga. Maganda yung mga subplots na
naisip mo. Maganda rin yung mga dialogue mo.

'Pag nag-direct ka na ng movie, make sure may bakbakang matindi sa huli.

Yung tipong mawawarak yung buong building. Yun, mas exciting, hindi yung katulad kahapon.

Nagmamahal,

Ang iyong tagahanga

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROTFLMAO!

What a bunch of losers they are...
stressor
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 44 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2003 - 06:53 PM UTC
may ilang theory ako bat nagka coup:

1. Gusto ni gloria na mag declare ng martial law kaya nag drama ng coup
2. Kulang lang sa pansin, di kasi ma upgrade armory ng sundalo natin, nagceasefire pa with MILF
3. nalaman nila na may plano ako gumawa ng dio na Phil setting, binigyan ako ng idea
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

may ilang theory ako bat nagka coup:

1. Gusto ni gloria na mag declare ng martial law kaya nag drama ng coup

Eh? Totoo bang may balak si Gloria magdeclare ng Martial Law? Hmmm... siguro like Marcos, para magstay sa pwesto no?

Quoted Text

2. Kulang lang sa pansin, di kasi ma upgrade armory ng sundalo natin, nagceasefire pa with MILF

Maybe, masyado kasing mabait si Gloria sa mga rebels eh. About the weaponry, tama rin na dapat upgraded na tayo to increase their morale!

Quoted Text

3. nalaman nila na may plano ako gumawa ng dio na Phil setting, binigyan ako ng idea

Now that's funny! :-)
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe, masyado kasing mabait si Gloria sa mga rebels eh. About the weaponry, tama rin na dapat upgraded na tayo to increase their morale!

Wala rin. Kung hindi lang din ma-resolve yung issue sa logistics e ganun din. High powered weapons for our Armed Forces will also mean high powered weapons para sa mga rebels.

About kay Glo na masyadong mabait sa rebels...nope... She just wants to solve this rather in peace. Gaya nga ng sabi sa "Art of War" e ang giyera is to subdue the enemy without using force. (or something like that...)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 01:27 PM UTC
Re: Declaration of Martial Law, to cut the legal language crap, it's very very VERY difficult to declare martial law and have it enforced - legally speaking. It needs further concurrence by Senate and Congress voting for two-thirds for it, within days of declaring martial law, and that the Supreme Court can, without a petition filed with it IIRC, still rule on the constitutionality/legality of the declaration of martial law. Also, there are very few instances when martial law can be declared, one is when there is an invasion, the other IIRC is "a state of lawlessness". The current constitution is a direct result of the Marcos Regime so as to make the declaration of martial even harder. Of course, if you got the military on your side, the constitution is just a plain piece of paper. But then, if people know that the declaration of martial law is unconstitutional/illegal, you'll lose political support from the people, thus increasing lawlessness and insurgency. It's political suicide so-to-speak, both locally and internationaly for GMA to declare martial law. And I don't buy the crap that last week's tantrum by the rebel kids was scripted by the administration so as to give GMA authority to declare martial law.
 _GOTOTOP