TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
I did it. Maybe you should too...
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 03:26 AM UTC

OK, I bought the new 3DVD Black Hawk Down the other day. Yes, I was weak.

But, let me tell you, it was only $10 more than what the regualr version is selling for at Wal-Mart. Plus, there's a $5 rebate if you have purchased Tears of the Sun (or snagged the proof of purchase from the copy at the rental store).

So, all that aside, there is some nice stuff on the discs. There's the normal 'making of' segments, about 20 minutes of deleted scenes, alternate angle thing, trailers, music video etc.

What is very good are two documentaries. The history channel show that's about 100 min and a PBS frontline that's 60 min. Very good.

Now, what I think is best of all are the commentaries that go with the film. There are three. Director and Producer, fine. Author Mark Bowden and guy who did the screenplay, pretty nice. And, Rangers who were there, four I think.

Now, these are some of the guys in charge like the guy commanding the convoy, etc. I only listened to about 30 min of this so far and its pretty amazing. They don't just talk about the film but what actually happened and they don't seem to pull any punches.

If anyone is interested in this movie or in the actual event, I think this is a must have. The two documentaries and the Rangers commentary is very much worth the cost.

Steve

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:03 AM UTC
Sounds fantastic, unfortuneatly I bought the disk when it first came out. I have seen the documentaries on the tube, but would love to hear the comentaries. OH well. Got my copy of Gods and Generals today. Me being a VMI graduate and all puts me right off as a Civil War buff and of course T.J. "Stonewall" Jackson was a professor there and is revered as much as George C. Marshall '01 and John C, DeButts '39. Of course it goes without saying that as a civil war reinactor for 5 years getting a chance to possibly spot an old comrade or two in the epic would be fun like I did in Gettysburg.