Shows and events in North America.
Hobby Expo 2010, Petaluma, California, Feb 20
Damraska
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 03:19 PM UTC

On Saturday, February 20, IPMS Santa Rosa and IPMS Mount Diablo will host Hobby Expo 2010 in Petaluma, California!

Hobby Expo 2010
February 20, 2010
Petaluma Community Center, 9:30am to 4:00pm
320 N McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA

General Admission is FREE

Hosted by the Santa Rosa & Mt Diablo chapters of the International Plastic Modelers Society

Sponsored by HobbyTown of Petaluma

The 2010 Hobby Expo offers something for hobbyists of all interests. The main feature is a scale model
contest, but there will also be displays and demonstrations by a dozen Sonoma County hobby clubs. There will be model railroads, RC planes, ships and cars, battling robots, and war gaming. Plus over 30 vendor tables, a huge raffle, free Make & Take model building for the kids and the ever popular "Speed Building" Contest.

General admission is free, so bring the whole family.

For the latest information about Hobby Expo 2010, please visit the IPMS Santa Rosa website: www.ipmssantarosa.org

-----

Hobby Expo 2008 and 2009 both featured about 400 models in the main contest. This year boasts more awards than ever before including a special "Out of the Box" award in each category.

The special awards in this contest are truly special. Each shadow box features material particular to the special award plus the signature of a famous person somehow associated with modeling. For example, the 2010 award for Best Junior Model bears the signature of William Shatner.

Hobby Expo 2010 will offer more vendor tables than ever before. I believe we stand at 40.

The raffle will once again feature an excellent array of models, including many new and recent releases. Raffle sponsors include Dragon USA, Iwata Medea, Revell, Dan Webb Books, Kalmbach Publishing, and Evergreen Scale Models.

In addition to the model contest you will find train layouts to explore, R/C vehicle demonstrations, Battling Robot demonstrations, Wargaming demonstrations, and a make and take for the kids. HobbyTown Petaluma, located just across the street, will offer special discounts the day of the event.

The venue features a good amount of parking. If that fills up, there is plenty more just across the street. There are plenty of food places within walking distance and the Girl Scouts will sell refreshments on site.

If you have any questions, you can contact IPMS Santa Rosa through their website or message me.

Hope to see you there!

-Doug
Damraska
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 06:47 AM UTC
Just a reminder: Hobby Expo 2010 is TOMORROW (February 20, 2010). Have fun and good luck!!! Hope to see you there!!!

:)

-Doug
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 - 04:41 PM UTC
did you take any pictures to share?

Damraska
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 04:32 PM UTC
Hi KoSprueOne,

Thank you for your interest! The show went off well, pictures were taken, and I will post a link as soon as possible. I do not actually have them yet so it may take a few days.

Good luck with your own show.

-Doug
justinm
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 04:41 PM UTC
I like that William Shatner award...It looks good with my sherman I won it with. I must say thanks for the awesome show(even if it is a lil late)!
 _GOTOTOP