_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Pinoy Planes
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:14 AM UTC
Do you happen to know of any plane that the Phil has?

Meron ako dating nakitang plane sa isang airbase (malapit sa Pasay) na C-130. I'm looking for Phil fighters and bombers. Pls post some pics (Pinoy colors)
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 03:16 AM UTC
Here are some of the fighters the Philippines had through the years with kits available:

P-28 Peashooter (Available from Academy 1:48, 1 kit I saw in Lil's Megamall)
P-51 Mustangs (various manufacturers, Acquired after the 2nd world war)
F- 86 Sabre (1:48, various manufacturers)
F-86P Dog Fighter (Academy 1:48, 1 kit at Lil's Megamall)
F-5 Freedom Fighter (Hasegawa I think)
F-8H Crusader (Hasegawa has this, 1:72 i think, but only the E variant, need resins to convert to H, saw some at JMN)
OV-10 Bronco (I'm sure this kit is around, just don't know who manufactured or if locally available and at what scale)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here are some of the fighters the Philippines had through the years with kits available:

P-28 Peashooter (Available from Academy 1:48, 1 kit I saw in Lil's Megamall)
P-51 Mustangs (various manufacturers, Acquired after the 2nd world war)
F- 86 Sabre (1:48, various manufacturers)
F-86P Dog Fighter (Academy 1:48, 1 kit at Lil's Megamall)
F-5 Freedom Fighter (Hasegawa I think)
F-8H Crusader (Hasegawa has this, 1:72 i think, but only the E variant, need resins to convert to H, saw some at JMN)
OV-10 Bronco (I'm sure this kit is around, just don't know who manufactured or if locally available and at what scale)

From the looks parang mga post WWII planes lang meron tayo ha! Sana man kahit na yung patapon na F-14 ng US (I heard papalitan ng F-18 and old F-14s) sa atin. Bronco is available at nakita ko sya sa JMN
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 01:27 PM UTC
F-5 = Academy and Hasegawa. 1/72 in scale.
OV-10 = several flavors by Academy. Get the C or A model. The other is a D with a longer nose. Only 1 D model is left in the world, and it is, AFAIK, doomed for scrap - unless the OV-10 Bronco Association saved it (based in the USA). 1/72 scale. Hasegawa also has an OV-10A Bronco.
C-130 - 1/72, or 1/48, Italeri, Accurate modelshop.
The rest, what Lattex said.

BTW, NONE of these have PAF decals. You have to make your own.
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 03:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

From the looks parang mga post WWII planes lang meron tayo ha! Sana man kahit na yung patapon na F-14 ng US (I heard papalitan ng F-18 and old F-14s) sa atin. Bronco is available at nakita ko sya sa JMN

The Philippine Air Force only had one squadron of Peashooters when the war erupted. These were old cumbersome trainer-fighters that were handed down from the USAF. When most of the squadron that met the Japanese invaders went down, the rest escaped to Clark Field and destroyed their own Peashooters so the Japanese land forces won't be able to recover any useful intelligence.

This squadron was composed of some now-familiar names, Fernando(?) Basa is the name of the PAF base in Pampanga and Villamor (their squadron leader) is the name of the PAF HQ in Parañaque.

Just a bit of history for you #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

F-5 = Academy and Hasegawa. 1/72 in scale.
OV-10 = several flavors by Academy. Get the C or A model. The other is a D with a longer nose. Only 1 D model is left in the world, and it is, AFAIK, doomed for scrap - unless the OV-10 Bronco Association saved it (based in the USA). 1/72 scale. Hasegawa also has an OV-10A Bronco.
C-130 - 1/72, or 1/48, Italeri, Accurate modelshop.
The rest, what Lattex said.

BTW, NONE of these have PAF decals. You have to make your own.

I know that these models have no PAF decals. I really have to make one. C-130 in 1/48 is humoungus! Yung 1/72 na lang. La na ako space eh :-)
 _GOTOTOP