_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
AMPS Chapter in North Carolina
Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 395 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 09:43 AM UTC
I am officially starting up an AMPS chapter in Fayetteville North Carolina. The info will be coming soon to the AMPS website or you can contact me.
bavindicator
Visit this Community
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 02:05 AM UTC
Kerry,
I am a member of IPMS Eastern Carolina Plastic Modelers. We have posted your information on our facebook page, and spread the word throughout our club. I live in Hubert (outside of CLNC) and will try to make a meeting. I am not a straight armor guy but am always open to new techniques, etc.

Looking forward to meeting with you guys.

We are on Facebook
Eastern Carolina Plastic Modelers on Facebook
Brian Vinciguerra
Panther64
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 - 10:04 AM UTC

Hey Brian,

We'd love to see you at our "first" meeting! I've been in contact with John Ratzenberger from your club as well and he told me the same thing. I really appreciate you guys getting the word out.
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
entire network: 408 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 11:27 AM UTC
Kerry -

I live in Raleigh and am definitely interested. When are you all planning on meeting?

Dave
Panther64
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 12:17 PM UTC
Hey Dave,

We're planning our first meeting Saturday the 13th at 1100. It will take place at Hayes Hobby House in their upstairs room. Joey Ivey will be chairing the meeting with some notes to go over as any starting chapter will have to go through. The shop is well supplied and we are blessed with another hobby shop a few minutes away so bring your money! I unfortunately will not be in attendance as it is "Household 6"s Birthday and I will be out of town. Joey Ivey, the "other" current member will get things rolling. Hope you come down!
bavindicator
Visit this Community
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 02:25 PM UTC
Kerry,
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I won't be able to make this meeting b/c I am having a whole bunch of my Marine buddies in this week for a mini-reunion of my first unit in the Corps. I will however, try to make it next month.
~Brian
Panther64
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 11:17 AM UTC
Semper Fi Bro. Enjoy the M-R, I'll put you on the group listing and keep you posted on the April meeting plans.

kerry
Panther64
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 01:25 PM UTC
This coming Saturday, the 10th, is our next meeting. Same time/place.
Bring your "extras" anything that you have too much of and would like to share with others like xacto blades, dio stuff, etc. Be willing to bring your WIP model and talk about it or something you recently finished. There's also a chance to get some good up-close ref photos of some russian equipment out at Camp Mackall if the interest is there. I can make a phone call and arrange an opportunity to photograph a T-72, BMP-1, and BRDM from Iraqi campaign. Looking forward to seeing you.
 _GOTOTOP