_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Ammo belts and Amm cand???
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002 - 05:59 AM UTC
Iam just wondering should all ammo cans be the same color for Vietnam? Iam building 3 different guntruck all having 3 different colors 1 or Marine Corps Green, 1 is Olive Drab, and 1 is going to be a dark gree, now should i make the ammo cans the same as te vechile or a green I use for all of them????
Ammo belts, on one of the guntrucks iam going to have 2 M-60's laying on the sandbags, and have the Verlinden ammo belts hanging off of them. My question is how can i make them not look so shinny should i just use some pastels and brush over them a little bit?? and the 50cal. ammo set that Verlinden makes there all to big to fit in the 50cal. guns i have, do i have to cut off the end of the bullet to make it fit better in the gun???

thanks guys,
Mike
Armor135
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002 - 06:37 AM UTC
All ammo cans are basically the same color; however, they are reusable and older ones will be more dinged up tha newer ones. Also they may have faded a bit. As for the Guntruck question, I defer knowledge to Gunnie, that's his ballpark.
Michel
Visit this Community
France
entire network: 95 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 02:02 AM UTC
When I ' ve to paint lot of the same things the same color ( jerry or americans, ammo boxes, pouches or/and canteens...), I usually make 3 piles which I paint with 3 different greenish basecoats ( as an WW2 Allied freak, green is MY color ! ), so i could mix my accessories " on the spot "...breakin' the unrealistic color regularity !
For the best I know, the model .50 ammo ' re on the small side ( .50 looks REALLY big ! ), better to widen slightly the breech side hole...
And to tone down the bright shiny look, I prefer to use MAT yellow or/and red than brass, copper, or any metallic color, and then, to give a light weathered ( on the grey side ) blackish wash...
' ve a nice day...!
 _GOTOTOP