_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
has to be a easier way for pic's
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 06:43 AM UTC
I know that there have been many post (mine too) about problems uploading pics. Darren had a nice write up but it never worked for me personally though I tried several times. Some how I got pics posted once but never again through photobucket. I have been told to down size and pixel this and that but nothing seems to work. Is there an easier way we can do this. There has to be some one in the site that can figure this out as it seems pretty darn rediculous to have this much trouble. In the kitmaker gallery I have five pics posted and wont take anymore though I see others have tons. They say you are allowed 10,455,760 byts/ With five pics I have used up 939,3560 byts and not enough left to post other pics. I had set the pixels to between 600 and 800 and still no sucsess. To post any on kitmaker, I must delete what I have there. And then the problem of posting on the site is another thing I have not been able to accomplish for some reason or another. Not being a computer genious I am probably doing some thing wrong but come on, it really should not be this hard. I can send attachment with my e-mail with no problem, but getting them here has become a nightmare.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 07:41 AM UTC
Bob I don't know if this helps but it works for me. Whenever I take a picture that I know I'm going to post on the web I change the setting of my camera to VGA. My camera has pre-set setting of various sizes of pixels, 1mp, 3mp, 5mp, etc., and also VGA. When I shoot with it set to VGA it automatically seems to come out in a size I can easily post here. If you look on my profile you'll see I've got dozens of photos in my gallery.

Hope this helps.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 12:45 PM UTC
Ho Rodger, Not sure what a VGA is but will have to go back to the instruction book for the camera and see whats up. Thanks for that info. Hope it will work.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 3,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 490 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 01:36 PM UTC
I'm going to get JimS to look at your gallery. Your 5 photos should amount to 2897kB (that's how much they add up to when I download them to my computer) but the gallery says it uses 9173.4kB. Something is not right.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 02:05 PM UTC
Your photo editing program should have a "Save As" function, if you look you should see one for "save for web". Use this, it will lower the KB's a little. If you want to keep the original High Res photo, simply make a copy of the original, then resize the copy, then "save for web" before uploading this copy to your gallery.

As for your problem posting photos in threads,
Adding photos instructions

I can't help with photo-bucket, or any others, but the instructions in the above article work for me. I use #1.) BBCODE instructions for posting from the kitmaker gallery, and my smugmug account without problems. You just have to make sure you have the proper URL address placed between the brackets with out any spaces and the / on the last bracket set.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 04:41 PM UTC
Bob your pictures are of a small size and there should be plenty of space. I am quite happy for you to E-mail me your pictures and I will resize them for you as it is causing you a head ache. The problem with space in your gallery could be that you uploaded very large pictures, which the gallery the resized but for some reason maintained the size when using the alotted space in your gallery. I have PMd you my E-mail address. Delete the pictures in your gallery at the moment and send them to me.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 05:04 AM UTC
Thank you all for the help with the photo problem. At this point I have found that this computer is really going nuts and taking me with it. I will be taking it in to have it looked at as the wife got into the function controlls again and what do you think happened. . It is so messed up that it shuts down on it's own and goes all over the place. I appriciate the help from everyone but realize that I'd better fix this machine first or I'll never get anything right and end up bugging everyone. I will be able to visit but not post for awhile, but hey, I can go to the library and try too. When it gets fixed, I'll be back. Once again my thanks to all who have put up with me and this problem. bob d.
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 408 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 11:36 AM UTC
Dave -

Here I am demonstrating that Marines are, at times, as dumb as some say we are......I have tried to follow your instructions several times now and all I have produced are boxes with little red "x's".

Here is the process I am following:
1. Click the "img" icon
2. receive the "img" statement
3. go to the Kitmaker photos in another window
4. copy the URL of the target pic - "http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/214482"
5. return to the forum window and paste the pic URL between the "img" and "/img"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dave
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 12:55 PM UTC

In order to display the above image the command line should look like this
[lmg]http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/20162/10thMar_M-114_6.JPG[/lmg]
Please note I have deleted the lower case (i) in the img command and replaced it with a lower case (L) in order that you can see it.
I hope that helps.
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 643 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 12:58 PM UTC
IT LOOKS RIGHT, BUT TRY AND USE PHOTOBUCKET.COM FOR YOUR PHOTO STORAGE. I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR ALL MY PHOTO STORAGE. THEN TRANSFER THEM TO THE POSTS. I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH DOING IT THAT WAY. I USE PICASO TO EDIT MY PHOTOS TO PUT IN KITMAKER FOR THE CAMPAIGN PHOTOS. HOPE THIS HELPS AND DOS'NT CONFUSE YOU MORE.
TOM
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 01:30 PM UTC
Thanks all.

It appears I needed to add the ".jpg" file extension to the URL I copied from the Kitmaker Photo albums.

Lemme try it again.

Semper Fi,
Dave
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 01:33 PM UTC

Actually, simply adding ".jpg" to the URL I copied from the address line of the photo album didn;t work either. What I had to do is right-click on the pic and select "Properties". From there I copied the filename which I pasted according to the instructions.

That worked. I'm slow, but I got it. Thanks again to all.

Dave
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 01:37 PM UTC

Isn't she beautiful!!! Enough to make a grown man cry like a baby!

Anyway.....that is the color you want to achieve.

Semper Fi,
Dave
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 12:15 AM UTC
Remember Photo Bucket is your friend.
 _GOTOTOP