_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Re-introducing myself
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 08:36 PM UTC
Hi guys and gals,

Sorry for the loooooooong modeling hiatus. I've been very very very busy in my new job...and promotions. You know how Cebu is fast moving forward, right?

And my old Tamiya airbrush finally decided it can't take domestic abuse anymore. I have bought a new, more heavy duty compressor but I still have to find a cheaper airbrush...the Tamiya metal one is just too expensive.

Anyway, i'm reintroducing myself. My name's Angela from the sunny island of Cebu Philippines.

Angela
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 07:09 PM UTC
Wow... hey Angela. It's somewhat of a miracle that I was poking my head in here to see what's up. Ted (one of our editors) is making a trip to the Philippines and I was curious to see how active the community forum was.

The last I remember you were going down to New Zealand to work right? Are you back? How was it there?

Glad to see you.

Cheers,
Jim
smvillalon
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 09:22 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

I was with Ted last week and he was having the time of his life here (no wine, women and song for Ted though because he was with his better-half). I took him around the modeling shops in the metro and he had a taste of the famous Philippine tuna for lunch.

According to Ted he's really looking forward to coming back here and stay longer. I promised to bring him along to the IPMS Manila club meetings so he can meet the guys and exchange horror stories and such.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ted soon.

(PS: when Ted returns, I will make it a point to take him to Cebu so both of us can hunt for Angela...

Jun

Quoted Text

Wow... hey Angela. It's somewhat of a miracle that I was poking my head in here to see what's up. Ted (one of our editors) is making a trip to the Philippines and I was curious to see how active the community forum was.

The last I remember you were going down to New Zealand to work right? Are you back? How was it there?

Glad to see you.

Cheers,
Jim

Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 03:02 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Yup, I'm back. I also reposted introductions in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.

I'm just waiting for my airbrush to arrive, courtesy of Mike (Blade48mrd), so I can start modeling. So once the airbrush arrives, I'll be in turbo mode for modeling.

No, I didn't go to NZ coz my priorities have changed. Cebu is fast growing and there are a lot of opportunities here. And based on SMVillalon's post above, I think Ted arrived in Manila, not in Cebu. Cebu is hundreds of miles away. Hehe.

Glad to be back, really.

Hi Jun,

Hunting for me, huh! Hahaha!

Angela
 _GOTOTOP