_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Playing with macro
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 01:15 AM UTC
Hello all. I'm pretty new to the DSLR scene having just received a nice Canon 450D for Christmas. I stumbled upon a Tamron 90mm F/2.8 1:1 macro lens the other day and bought it. I did some playing with it at the house and then later out in the local area where I like to go to get away from things. I was quite happy with what it was able to do. Looking forward to using it in conjunction with my camera for some nice in-close shots. Thought I would share some of the pics with you all here. All of the pics were shot with the Tamron lens to include the sky scene. The small white star shaped flowers are smaller than my "Pinky" finger nail. I can see some serious possibilites with this thing. Looking forward to getting some additional lenses as well. Thanks for looking. "Q"

Baby pine cone-

Morning Sky-
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 11:02 AM UTC
Very nice, Matthew. You should take it up to Watkins sometime and catch the terrifed looks of the cherries as they do their first chopper blast.
I photographed this guy several years when my camera was new (a few deployments later and it doesn't seem to have the clarity it once did. This was at the bse of the Royal Gorge. Which reminds me, I'll be up again soon. We still need to have that beer...

Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 - 03:33 AM UTC
Nice Hummingbird. When you are back in town give me a yell and I'll take you up on that beer. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP