Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Military videos on youtube
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,024 Posts
KitMaker Network: 270 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 - 05:07 PM UTC
Hey guys, a little off topic here but, ive been seeing alot of people posting crap on military videos of tributes to the Armed forces of America, Canada, The United Kingdom etc etc. These posts usually revolve around the idea saying
"your army is bad ours is better, your troops have bad training ours have better training"
It just bugs the h#ll outta me how we would post things like this online. I find it insulting when someone said, the americans took all the credit for World war 2,and how fellow countrymen would go and post offensive comments, on military videos of another country. Im looking for your honest opinions here, has the world become screwed and demented beyond belief?
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 03:44 AM UTC
In my opinion the Russians and Brittish could have not defeated the Nazis without the US help, both with war material, air power and manpower. However, the US , had they tried to go it alone would have in no way been able to beat the Nazis either. And it surely would have been a different war had the Japaneese bombed and invaded places in California or if the Germans had a way to bomb the US industrial north. What if , what if , what if...........Not saying that the German people were bad, but the Nazi movement was driven by Satan and just maybe God had a hand in its defeat............Al
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 11:29 AM UTC
To be frank Calvin, I think that the majority of people who respond to youtube clips of anything need to go outside and get some daylight. Nothing but uninformed uninspired insipid naive uneducated drivel.

Quoted Text

Im looking for your honest opinions here, has the world become screwed and demented beyond belief?

Yes.
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 02:56 PM UTC
Im surprised that this thread hasnt been deleted, because it is kinda sensitive, thanks for the responses anyway. I just dont know why people would speak badly about their allies when we're saving each others @#$ out there.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 04:50 PM UTC
sensorship of anyones honest opinion is a kin to dictatorships and tyranny. Whether it is about a model build or a historical topic or something said on U-tube. This being an international site with many mindsets, someone somewhere will be offended by whatever the subject may be especialy pertaining to the subject of war and military things. I for one was censored for my passionate comments about a friend of mine who was a rather mistreated guest in a Japaneese POW camp.A thread should not be dropped simply on difference of opinion. I for one would not go on U-tube and say , our army is better than their army. That is the honest opinion that you asked for .........AL
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 04:51 PM UTC
Hi Al, it is not just a matter of saying yours is bad ours is better, they even compare armed forces branches to a bucket of !@#$ and saying other crap. It just gets annoying ya know?
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 09:07 PM UTC
What happened to the original topic? It mentioned videos then it went on to something else. If you want good videos then check out www.militaryvideos.net. These are not Drivel.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 05:20 AM UTC
OK, Calvin , I see what you mean about the U Tube comments on the videos and I agree with you that they are wrong and uneccessary. Those comments seem angry and arrogent. It is a shame but such opinions do exist. I for one have not looked for any of this on U Tube. I am not for censorship and it is a shame that vulgar comments are out there so I will just ignore them and consider the comments as ignorant...........Al
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 06:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To be frank Calvin, I think that the majority of people who respond to youtube clips of anything need to go outside and get some daylight. Nothing but uninformed uninspired insipid naive uneducated drivel.

Quoted Text

Im looking for your honest opinions here, has the world become screwed and demented beyond belief?

Yes.

I have to agree.