TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Buffalo Soldiers
AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 08:04 PM UTC
I recently watched Buffalo Soldiers starring Joaquin Phoenix. Great movie, good to see a side poking fun at the antics that boredom causes to our men and women out there. I remember being bored and coming up with ways to entertain ourselves and our Marines...nothing to the extreme of Buffalo Soldiers, and technically nothing illegal though. Anyhow, I was wondering if anybody could identify what type of tanks they used in the movie for the famous tank scene where they plow through the German village?? If anyone could help it would be great!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 - 01:51 AM UTC
Can't help with the tank question, but the title of the movie is historically very problematic. The Buffalo Soldiers specfically referred to the black units in the army, especially those assigned to the plains during the wars with the Plains Indians, i.e., the 9th and 10th US Cavalry and the 24th, 25th, 62nd & 65th Infantry, some of which units fought with Teddy Roosevelt at San Juan Hill. From your call sign, it appears you are a Marine or Marine veteran. This title is as problematic as if a movie were titled Leatherneck and dealt with a commune in the 60's.
AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 - 02:21 AM UTC
I deffinately agree, though not a historian, I know about the Buffalo Soldiers. Like you said, its like naming a movie The Marine, and having John Cena play the main character and address his colleagues as Soldiers....arghh
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 03:57 PM UTC
The tank appears to be a Leopard but might be a movie modified prop

I haven't seen this movie but I viewed the trailer online. We might check it out