_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi!!! from down here?
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 - 09:44 PM UTC
Hi
I am Duncan and I live down here in Tasmania that little island below that place called Australia. I've just got back into 1/35 Armour after a looooooong break, buying my 6 year old son his first 1/72 plane to hang from the ceiling, led to a flurry of ebay purchase's as the shops down here charge like wounded bulls!!!
I like WW2 German Armour, but I'm becoming increasing interested in the paper panzers like the E-100...etc...or possible Tanks that could have been... basically 'Panzer 46'

This site is great really glad I found it.
All the best to you all.

Regards Duncan.

bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 366 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 - 10:48 PM UTC
Gday mate , welcome to armorama , check out the community page for Oz if you havent already . Theres lots of very knowledgable modellers here , and helpful . Enjoy !
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 - 11:06 PM UTC
G'day Duncan,

Welcome to Kitmaker, mate! Nice part of the country, Tassie - great beer! Which end you at?

Looking forward to seeing some of your work

Rudi
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 - 11:15 PM UTC
I live down South in the Derwent Valley, I'm a mechnic working on Logging Harvesters (basicaly armoured excavaters.. well sort of)

Just got today a Dragon steel wheeled Panther G and a Ersatz M10 Panther.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 01:47 PM UTC
Great to see that all the Aussies have welcomed you. Well here is one from the USA. Hope that you enjoy the modeling comunity. We don't always agree or get along but I must say that there a lot of good folks here that will share their modeling and personal experiences with you. Glad that you are on board.........I have heard of Tasmania , now I have to check it out on the world map......take care.........Al
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 10:57 AM UTC
Welcome.

This is a great place to gather and converse about all the things that make this hobby so great.

I would like to encourage you to check out the campaigns and enjoy a build. We will help you whenever we can. The people here are really a great bunch. There are a lot of people here who really know their stuff.
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 09:32 PM UTC
Thanks you for the warm welcomes

I a bit relaxed when it come's to absolute reality as I want to enjoy and express myself rather than be measuring the length of a breach or how much Dandruff accumulated on the floor of a Tiger tank!!!
but hey each to his own.... that's what it's all about.

People are people so disagreements happen (I'm not bothered !!!) ... would you believe I'm involved in a heated discussion (sort of... ha! ha!) about a tree????

I've actually entered 2 campaigns! = I'm just waiting for the post woman to get my kits here... (a Dicker-max from France and a JagdTiger from Hong Kong = gotta love ebay) so I can get off and running, plus my OH has got me a mystery kit? and a lot of new paint and other goodies for my Birthday can't wait!!!

Thanks again.
 _GOTOTOP