_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
rc conversion
scotthorwell
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 - 04:38 AM UTC
Firstly id like to say hi to all as this is my first post. I have recently purchased an Italeri 1/35 Schnellboot Typ S-100 and wish to convert to rc, has anyone built one of these? any info would be welcomed. As i mentioned before i want to convert to rc and want to keep the weight down and as long a running time as possible, as before any help would be welcomed.
doalittle
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 15 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 04:55 AM UTC
Hi Scott
I have read your blog and would like to say that I have completed my own S100 conversion from static to RC without too much bother. Therefore I am most willing to help you achieve your aim with your own S100.

I did post some photos on the site under Doalittle which you can find under Military Small Craft section. However, I have detailed below my email address so you may contact me direct if you wish and we can exchange information. The only really major thing when converting your S100 to RC is that you will have to cut the main deck at the rear inorder to access the Rudder control system,but do not worry as I can send you the necessary drawing for this.

As a matter of principle I changed all the small diameter pieces to brass as I considered that the plastic ones would not last too long. Also the stansions were purchased in brass. Have a look at my photos or I can email some to you later.

Email address. [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Mike Maloney [ doalittle]
scotthorwell
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 06:18 AM UTC
thanks mike. I have sent you an email. Where did you purchase the brass stanchions?
 _GOTOTOP