History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Will There Be A WWIII?
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 11:58 AM UTC
Do you think there will be another world war in my life time? I am 17, and just wondering if anything will happen in my distant future. My fortune teller is in rehab. Turned out she drank away all of her earnings! #:-)

~Chip
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 03:42 PM UTC
I think we're in one now. We're involved in Aganistan, & Iraq looking at Iran, Korea, and Liberia. All the uprisings and fighting in India, Pakistan, Malaysia and the Phillipines are related to this. The crap in Isreal just goes on and on and on. Somebody is going to get stupid and chuck a nuke at somebody else. Don't think we'll wipe out the world, but things are not getting any better
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 06:01 PM UTC
lets hope not for everyones sake!
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 11:49 PM UTC
All I can say: we're not there yet, and I hope we don't get there !

Does this thread look like a "current events" deadly thread ?
On dangerous grounds we are treading... the door to the dark side we might open... #:-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 03:30 AM UTC
Pen Pen, too funny. I think this would fall under the catagory of a Future Events forum.

Shaun
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 09:04 AM UTC
Thanks Pen Pen for livening it up. #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 11:34 PM UTC
As a modeler, I've always wanted war. But as a civilian, don't like it. When WWIII comes up, model kits and evrything will rise sky high!
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 12:22 AM UTC
I really hate to even think about a third world war. But like some other future worldly events not yet to imminently happen, I think it's not question of " IF " but " WHEN " it will take place. ................. Just my opinion. ...... I pray to God I'm wrong !

- ralph
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 02:42 AM UTC
When you read the history of WWI and WWII no one put up a notice "World War starting, everyone invited"; they started with an incident, a spark, that started the thing small and events conspired to make them become the monsters they were, engulfing the world in flames. (wow, was that a run-on sentence of what??)

I believe historians will see the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq as the start of WWIII, sparked by 9-11, which in turn was caused by the cultural and religious clash between the middle east and the west. I think that we will see more moslems countries turn into theocracies and destabilize; a new prophet will rise and we will have a general war: Moslem vs. the West.

Oh, we would win... no questions, but at what cost and what consequences economically, socially, etc.?

I may be pessimistice, but I don't think events will prove me far off.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

When you read the history of WWI and WWII no one put up a notice "World War starting, everyone invited"; they started with an incident, a spark, that started the thing small and events conspired to make them become the monsters they were, engulfing the world in flames. (wow, was that a run-on sentence of what??)

I believe historians will see the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq as the start of WWIII, sparked by 9-11, which in turn was caused by the cultural and religious clash between the middle east and the west. I think that we will see more moslems countries turn into theocracies and destabilize; a new prophet will rise and we will have a general war: Moslem vs. the West.

Oh, we would win... no questions, but at what cost and what consequences economically, socially, etc.?

I may be pessimistice, but I don't think events will prove me far off.

You will probably win with a great loss. Loss of a thousand lives, economic unbalance and chaos.
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 400 Posts
KitMaker Network: 243 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 12:47 AM UTC
Well I hate to say it but I do believe Blaster is right on the money with his thoughts. I hope that some thing will stop the heading toward the slippery slope to world war, but another attack on the US like 9/11 will make alot of folks in the middle east very sorry! It is time for the people of this world to see that terrorism is an evil that needs to be stoped before it starts.
Just my 2 Cents But hey I have seen the Elephant and this one is getting big!
Jeff Larkin
1stsgt
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:19 PM UTC
Hate to say we had been in a world war since the last one ended in 1945. we just fought it at different places times.