_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Howdy - Newbie in the Boston MA (US) area
ab5000
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 02:14 PM UTC
Hi folks - I'm a newbie or should a say an old "newbie" like many others I got out of the hobby but now I'm getting back into it.

I'm a Cold War junkie and looking to build some old favorites - I stumbled on the sight but fell in love when I saw a dedicated forum to Soviet armor.

I've bought tools, materials and some magazines and I'm in the process of building a bunch of easy models to get back into things. (Airfix 1/76)

So anyone in the Boston area?

And does anyone know if anyone has created a SS-20 (Soviet mobile ICBM) kit?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 - 02:00 AM UTC
You don't define "Boston Area." There are clubs in Nashua, NH, Attleboro, Lowell, and on the North Shore and here in the Springfield area. There's a loosely organized figure group that meets every other month at the Hobby Bunker in Malden. If you're into cars, MassCar is in the neighborhood, too. There's a loosely organized figure group that gets together eYou may already be familiarr with the Spare Time Shop in Marlboro. Check the IPMS/USA website for contests and club contacts.
tlivancso
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 - 04:02 AM UTC
Hello Andy,

Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby , there are many clubs in the Northeast area that you can get involved in for all types of modeling.

Cheers,
Thom
Northeast Military Modelers Association
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,086 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 - 12:18 PM UTC
Hi, Andy

Welcome! I'm in the Boston area -- Metrowest actually. This is a great site, good people all around.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 11:04 AM UTC
Welcome.

This is a great place to gather and converse about all the things that make this hobby so great.

I would like to encourage you to check out the campaigns and enjoy a build. We will help you whenever we can. The people here are really a great bunch. There are a lot of people here who really know their stuff.

Always great to welcome somebody who is not a Yankee fan,
 _GOTOTOP