Local, Regional, or International.
TRY IT AGAIN NORTH TEXAS
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 07:30 PM UTC
Hey guys, there is a show in Arlington on August 9th. It's the Fort Worth Chapter of the IPMS. They're a friendly bunch, and let anyone enter the contest for the fee. Ususally a good turnout of competitors and vendors. No Squadron shop opening this year, they did it last time, so no all day excursions like Rattler did the last time. PLace is real easy to get to, it's in the Vandergriff Park Community Center which is North on Matlock if you are running down I-20. Several blocks up I remember passing a medical center then a big open area with ball fields on your right. THAT's IT little roundish building with a bunch of parking around it.. I'm thinking about competing this year again.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 02:24 AM UTC
Blaster, thanks for posting this. I wrote a short news article announcing this event. Follow the link below:

Supercon 2003-Machines That Changed the World
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 05:35 AM UTC
Well guys, I definately will be there. Skip Rogers, the President of the club, usually ask me to help judge with the rest of the gang. I met Chief and his family there last year. I made name tags for all of us with the Armorama Logo on them. Look for me wearing mine. Its always good to meet someone from here in person.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 03:18 PM UTC
I'll wear my bright orange t-shirt with the alligator on back. Sometimes I carry a backpack with camera gear etc. Last two shows,(dallas and the Nationals) I walked around with a cardboard sign hung around my neck stating my want list. I try to look distinctive so people can find me. At the Dallas show Keith Magee and I met up, so i really hope we all can get together.at this one.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 06:14 PM UTC
show is less than a week away. haven't seen too many folks sign up, Potroast, Rattler gona be able to make this one?
 _GOTOTOP