TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 03:54 AM UTC
Just caught it...2.5 hours worth of eye popping candy. The animation is FANTASTIC!...you'll really get into it..

The key point for storyline is nothing new..but it's something that has always happened and will probaby continue to do so.. in regards to humanity's violent side, but of course the movie shows the better part of us as well.

Be warned it's PG 13, yes but not so "kiddy" like Star Wars...so although there's a lot of action and fighting, don't expect blood and gore. To tell you the truth..if there was just a little more realism in the aspect of "blood" this movie would be perfect. (Cameron doesn't have to go "Aliens" on the movie..but a little more like it would have really made me love this movie)
PG13?!!..It's 2009 anyway..kids probably play a whole lot more violent PC games, than parents have to worry about such movies.

Still...Really cool looking ships and military hardware, tech stuff, creatures ...A WHOLE NEW WORLD!

In short, go watch it, there's a lot of pretty to see... I'm going to catch the 3D version soon.

...my 2 Singaporean Cents....
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 04:31 AM UTC
I watched it on opening night, I don't think I moved at all during the entire movie. The story line was good, but the visual effects were amazing.
Loobes
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 07:39 PM UTC
Brilliant film, watched it on Tuesday in 3D at my local cinema. In 3D it was stunning
Highly Reccommeded
Cheers

Loobes
trackpads
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 330 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 06:17 AM UTC
As any one started putting the figures together yet ? i would love to see some scale resin i could do.
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 887 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 09:50 AM UTC
Watched 2nd day after release in 3-D and eye-popping worth every penny spent in making this film, slight cartoonish if you allow yourself to slip away from the CGI and light years away from those old films that had a black line around them, I honestly hope there will NOT be a part 2 as I feel there's very few part 2's that are better then the original, one or two very expensive models are already on the market, check ebay.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 09:18 AM UTC
I really enjoyed it... it just HAS to be seen in 3D to fully appreciate it.

Some really cool hardware: hopefully someone'll start doing kits. There's a 6-wheeled Warthog type vehicle on screen for about 2 seconds as our hero rolls off the shuttle. Just a glimpse, but looks mean....
StoneWarrior
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2010 - 06:09 AM UTC
I enjoyed it, the 3D was amazing, and really made you feel like you were in another world. The story was so-so but the visuals definitely made this movie, glad I saw it in the theater.