_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
ROTC
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2003 - 01:46 AM UTC
Guys, sa ROTC, what will you recommend for me? We have 4 divisions in ROTC (in La Salle)

Model Company
Medic
Shore Patrol (MP??)
Navigator

Can you give me some pros and cons for each type?
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 03:12 AM UTC
When I was having my ROTC, sa Fort Bonifacio pa nga eh -- Deins sloppy mga unit nuon, SP ako nuon, and biases aside -- I think we were one damn fine company! Dugo't Pawis talaga to earn our arm-bands.

But now, ewan since nagkaroon nang madaming issue sa ROTC (abolish? corruption, etc.) di na maganda naging kalabasan nang mga units, halos puro bata na nga itsura eh. Ewan ha, just my 2 cents.

Model Company -- kabit ka sa training
Medic -- kabit ka sa training since sobrang hirap to, at always on the go ka
Shore Patrol (MP??) -- the best! pasok ka maaga, papasukin midshipmen, pahinga at magparusa, palabasin for recess, then papasukin, then palabasin for dismissal. pag may away, andun ka! hehe!
Navigator -- minsan lang ata to ginagamit eh, not familiar with these people, although may unit before na in charge sa attendance, baka sila ito.

May special platoon ren: Armorers and Camera Platoon, you forgot RCG! Ok ren dun, pre-requisite to join is a HAM radio.

Good Luck!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 01:12 PM UTC
IIRC Lattex was model Bn ROTC. Me, just regular POS. Nice thing about the model Bn is if you want a challenge, then that's the right unit to go to. Plus, IIRC, you join in competitions, etc. and essentially bring honor to your unit.

Depends really on what you want. Being a medic seems to have a nice ring to it. I wanted to be one as well. MP - well, okay but remember that you're there NOT to give the others a hard time but to ensure security and discipline. Don't abuse your authority as an MP. I've seen some and by God I wish I had a .50-cal HMG with unlimited ammo to blast the f*cks off to smithereens, followed with napalm, acid... do I sound bitter? Regarding the communications, Ham radios are by far VERY EXPENSIVE and unless you already have one (BTW, we're not talking of those dinky little walkie-talkies), it's going to be expensive to enter.

Whatever you join, good luck! Remember also that women seem to like men in uniform. They may not notice you in regular school days but when they see you in an ROTC uniform (well, at least the Marine uniforms we wore in our times), they'll notice you're not bad looking at all hehehehe (normally this comes to curiousity, like some of them - normally your female classmates - would inquire "What's that one?" or "Is the training hard?" and so on and so forth and you get to charm 'em hehehehe)
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 07:11 PM UTC
Ewan ko sa La Salle, pero eto sa UST:

Model Brigade - Kayo ang pinakamagaling sa lahat ng drills...Naka yellow scarf kayo, naka green beret, naka tuck-in ang upper garment at may makapal na white belt with UST gold plate and matching white gloves. Usually ay mga CAT Officers ang pinapasok dito..Gaya ko...

Basic - Wala kayong kwenta. Naka pistol belt lang kyo at naka bull cap.

Radioman - Naka pistol belt, suspenders, black beret at naka fold yung sleeves nyo...Kailangan nyo ng two way radio at megaphone. Bale para kayong asong bumubuntot sa mga officers nyo.

Medic - Syemps, first aid kayo. Pag mah nahilo, tutulong kayo...Dadala kayo ng stretcher...(totoo.walang biro..)

MP - Military Police. First to come, last to leave. With helmet and batuta. Taga bantay ng kapaligiran..Parang sikyo.

Lady sponsors - For ladies only. Ewan ko kung anong ginagawa nila..Basta nakaupo lang cla.

Light Duty - ewan ko rin. Nakaupo lang din.

Special forces - NCO's.

SCO - COCC's
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 11:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

IIRC Lattex was model Bn ROTC. Me, just regular POS. Nice thing about the model Bn is if you want a challenge, then that's the right unit to go to. Plus, IIRC, you join in competitions, etc. and essentially bring honor to your unit.

Depends really on what you want. Being a medic seems to have a nice ring to it. I wanted to be one as well. MP - well, okay but remember that you're there NOT to give the others a hard time but to ensure security and discipline. Don't abuse your authority as an MP. I've seen some and by God I wish I had a .50-cal HMG with unlimited ammo to blast the f*cks off to smithereens, followed with napalm, acid... do I sound bitter? Regarding the communications, Ham radios are by far VERY EXPENSIVE and unless you already have one (BTW, we're not talking of those dinky little walkie-talkies), it's going to be expensive to enter.

Whatever you join, good luck! Remember also that women seem to like men in uniform. They may not notice you in regular school days but when they see you in an ROTC uniform (well, at least the Marine uniforms we wore in our times), they'll notice you're not bad looking at all hehehehe (normally this comes to curiousity, like some of them - normally your female classmates - would inquire "What's that one?" or "Is the training hard?" and so on and so forth and you get to charm 'em hehehehe)

Wow! Hanep pala si LaTtEX eh! Makausap ko nga! About that charming girls, I guess that will be an option. Better to invest in my studies and most of all, my modeling career. But also, thanks! Magagamit ko rin yon :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 11:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ewan ko sa La Salle, pero eto sa UST:

Model Brigade - Kayo ang pinakamagaling sa lahat ng drills...Naka yellow scarf kayo, naka green beret, naka tuck-in ang upper garment at may makapal na white belt with UST gold plate and matching white gloves. Usually ay mga CAT Officers ang pinapasok dito..Gaya ko...

Basic - Wala kayong kwenta. Naka pistol belt lang kyo at naka bull cap.

Radioman - Naka pistol belt, suspenders, black beret at naka fold yung sleeves nyo...Kailangan nyo ng two way radio at megaphone. Bale para kayong asong bumubuntot sa mga officers nyo.

Medic - Syemps, first aid kayo. Pag mah nahilo, tutulong kayo...Dadala kayo ng stretcher...(totoo.walang biro..)

MP - Military Police. First to come, last to leave. With helmet and batuta. Taga bantay ng kapaligiran..Parang sikyo.

Lady sponsors - For ladies only. Ewan ko kung anong ginagawa nila..Basta nakaupo lang cla.

Light Duty - ewan ko rin. Nakaupo lang din.

Special forces - NCO's.

SCO - COCC's

Wag mo naman sabihing walang kwenta. Ofcourse kapag may first, may second. Ibig sabihin kapag walang Basic wala kayo! So don't be harsh. Siguro nasabi mo lang yon kasi mas mahirap training nyo ne? Anyways galingan mo na lang! Hope you're still the best in there (remember our COCC training?). I'm looking forward to competing with you some other time
vproject
Visit this Community
entire network: 20 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 07:57 PM UTC
When i was in college in DLSU, I was the Guidon bearer for Echo co. I didn't have to go through any special training. I just volunteered for the job and got all the perks. No push ups, always in the shade, and when they had lessons in the classroom, me and some other officers will go out and eat in the cafeteria and only come back when it's time to leave. But that was before the Seth Bravo hazing incident and ROTC in DLSU changed after that.

BTW Shonen Red have you ever heard of mechapinoy? This is the website http://www.mechapinoy.com/forums
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

When i was in college in DLSU, I was the Guidon bearer for Echo co. I didn't have to go through any special training. I just volunteered for the job and got all the perks. No push ups, always in the shade, and when they had lessons in the classroom, me and some other officers will go out and eat in the cafeteria and only come back when it's time to leave. But that was before the Seth Bravo hazing incident and ROTC in DLSU changed after that.

BTW Shonen Red have you ever heard of mechapinoy? This is the website http://www.mechapinoy.com/forums

No haven't heard of that. Anyways, La Salle ka rin pala! Sama ka sa 26 sa JMN!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Saw the site and it's very nice! I too was a Gundam modeler.
vproject
Visit this Community
entire network: 20 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 04:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

sure what time sa Harrison Plaza yon right?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 08:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

sure what time sa Harrison Plaza yon right?

just check out my Eyeball forum and see it there. Also, send me your contact # (cel #)
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 11:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wag mo naman sabihing walang kwenta. Ofcourse kapag may first, may second. Ibig sabihin kapag walang Basic wala kayo! So don't be harsh. Siguro nasabi mo lang yon kasi mas mahirap training nyo ne? Anyways galingan mo na lang! Hope you're still the best in there (remember our COCC training?). I'm looking forward to competing with you some other time

Walang basic wala kme? Hah...*laugh...

Pa'no yun? Bakit nmn kung walang basic? E hnde rin nmn ako ang may loss kung wala cla e...Natural, kse basic din ako.

Compete? What do you mean "compete"? Competition ba? ng Drills?

_GOTOTOP