Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
NFL Smack
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 - 01:34 PM UTC
Have not had time to ask everyone's fave NFL team is doing. God love Scott, he is still rooting for the Giants. Thoughts on the Super Bowl or playoffs?
Colts and Saints both go undefeated in the regular season?
Discuss.

Shaun
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 - 02:13 PM UTC
My favorite team the Oakland Raiders have not done anything since 2002 hopefully Al Davis will see the light and give authority to a real football man or just get out and sell the team.It is sad to see how far that orginization has fallen and become a joke.

Meanwhile as an AFC man I will root for either the Pats or the Colts in the playoffs.I wouldn't mind seeing the colts go undefeated,I can see it in the regular season,but the playoffs,who knows? its tough.should be a fun playoffs this year.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 - 03:58 PM UTC
NINERS!! Yeah, they're kinda psycho the last decade but they have a shot............
Rick
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 12:51 AM UTC
Denver Broncos here. What a roller coaster they've been on. When McDaniels took over I had them going no better than 8 and 8. With Cutler gone, Marshall ticked off and the pre season they had I figured 4 and 12. Then they go and win 6 in a row and nearly bury the Chargers only to lose four in a row and let S.D. back in. I'll be delirious if they just get to the playoffs.

Anthony I understand a bunch of fans bought a bill board in Oakland asking Davis to hire a GM and to stop having anything to do with the running of the team. I figure not a chance on either of those.

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 02:11 AM UTC
With the exception of the Colts' success, the NFL world as we normally know it has been turned upside down this season. Teams who were traditionally celler dwellers in their divisions (or at least had no playoff chance by week 10 or 12) are now in the thick of things. Can you say Bengals? What's up with that? I think the Minnesota game showed the league the Bengals weren't ready for prime time.

A seasonal constant, Dallas' collaspe in december, seems to be business as usual.

The AFC West is another business as usual with the Broncos giving away the division to the Chargers. Didn't they do the same thing last year?

Hats off to the Saints and the Colts for their great season, although last year's hot team went 13-0 before falling apart and exiting the playoff race without a win (Titans).

The Patriots are in danger of having a worse season this year than they had in last year's Brady-less smoke & mirrors season (they played the traditionally worst divisions in the AFC and NFC last year for their wins, but lost every game to the season's division winners).

The Lions have won games and both the Raiders and Redskins have played spoiler by beating teams they have no business beating on paper. I guess it's an any given Sunday thing.

Was anyone expecting any better from the Cleveland Browns after they hired Mangidiot?
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 07:02 AM UTC
Ravens fan here. The season has been really disappointing so far even though they are in the playoffs IF they win out. They not only lost the best defensive coordinator in the league (Rex Ryan), but then they went away from the run game that they relied on last year. They've started to play better recently and hopefully they can make it into the playoffs where anything can happen.

As for the Colts and Saints, I think it would be great to have 2 undefeated teams in the Superbowl. And even being from Baltimore, I'd have to root for the Colts. Peyton Manning is a classy guy, not to mention a pretty fair quarterback.
jcourtot
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 344 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 07:30 AM UTC
Colts fan all the way! Im hoping they dont rest their players like they do every year! Remeber when they won the super bowl? That was the only year they didnt sit their starters in the regular season! The last two years we have sat our starters and what happens?........we get knocked out in the first round! Oh well Im not the coach!
With the Pats, they just seem to be falling apart......Tom Brady and Moss getting at it, man thats not good when your two leaders are mad at each other. ut I till think they have a chance in the playoffs.
Another team Im keeping my eyes on is the Eagles....I like them and hope they can get in get somewhere! They jut need to keep playing like they have lately.
And last is the Saints........I am glad they are doing so well, but boy have they got lucky against teams that they should of easily beat. So they just need to not make easy mistakes and keep their heads down, and keep pushing like they have. Oh......and did you notice that the Saints coach said he wasnt going to rest his starters, but play them all the way through.

My 0.02 on the NFL!

later,
Johnathon8)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 02:27 AM UTC
As a huge Clots fan here it goes:
Wow. The "Boys schooled the Saints last night. If I was betting on that game I would have lost my house. Evidently the Saints don't play well from behind.
Minnesota looks like the class of the NFC, depending on which Farve shows up.
I think the Pats have only one road game all season, and that was in London against the Bucs?
The Chargers are the hottest team int he AFC right now and they always seem to have the Colts number in the playoffs. If the Colts decide to play it out they have the Jets at home after nine days rest and then at Buffalo.
Steelers. Collapse.
Everyone root for the Bengals over the the Chargers today.

Shaun
Tomcat31
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,828 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 05:06 AM UTC
Camogirl and I are niners fans but unfortunately we don't get to see many games over here in the UK unless we want to pay a premium to Sky Media and then they rarely show a niners game it would be nice to see them in the top again someday though.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 11:26 AM UTC
Allen, give Coach Singletary a year and they will be back. That guy does not play around.
I am glad you enjoy our "football" over there. Your "football" is really starting catch on here in the States and I am rounding up fans to watch the World Cup. Cricket, not so much.

Shaun
Tomcat31
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,828 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 09:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am glad you enjoy our "football" over there. Your "football" is really starting catch on here in the States and I am rounding up fans to watch the World Cup.

I've never really been a fan of "our" football, but that could be as I was growing up as an "army brat" in Germany the married quarters was shared by British and American families and we always seemed to play "your" football
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 08:13 PM UTC
Big Raiders fan here, not much to talk about recently.

Like Allen, prefer 'your' football to 'ours'.

Shaun - enjoy the World Cup, always throws up a surprise or two!!

Can you get any Rugby to watch over there??

Andy
milvehfan
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 03:55 AM UTC
Hi all, Hopeing the Giants still get into the playoffs with the wildcard. Would like to see the Manning Brothers face off in the Super Bowl, but I think it will be the Chargers & Giants.
GO Giants !!!, GIANTS FAN SINCE 1960's. milvehfan
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 09:20 AM UTC
I am from Indianapolis. Need I say more? The Colts can throw 2 games and they are still the best team around. Just don't bet any money on them.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 08:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am from Indianapolis. Need I say more? The Colts can throw 2 games and they are still the best team around. Just don't bet any money on them.

Looking forward to a great game Saturday night. The Ravens are hot and feel like they have something to prove. Indy's record in the playoffs isn't that good (7-8 overall and 4-3 at home during the Manning era). Will the Ravens defense and rushing game be enough to offset Peyton Manning and the Raven's lousy secondary? Flacco's hurt but don't sell Troy Smith short. He's a tough player and if needed he'd come through. I'm looking for either a blowout in favor of the Colts or a squeaker that the Ravens win. My pick: Ravens 17, Colts 14.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 07:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Ravens are hot and feel like they have something to prove.

Hot birds? I think we ate them for Thanksgiving. I am sure Peyton will have an extra serving on Saturday.

For those of you in other countries, who might not be familiar with American football, the Ravens really don't have a very good record against the Colts. The Colts lead the lead the series, 7-2, and have won the last seven games against the Ravens. The Colts are also appearing in the playoffs for the 10th time in eleven seasons, and for an NFL-best eighth consecutive times. I will be sitting in front of the big screen on Saturday night.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 09:40 AM UTC
My Raiders are long gone,I enjoy the Pats,but they are gone,so I will support Indy and Arizona the rest of the way.

Larry Fitzgerald is an absolute freak,for my money he has to be the best reciever I have seen lately.

Also ANYBODY but the J.....E....T....S jets,jets ,jets, please anyone
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 - 03:30 AM UTC
O.k., O.K. I'm a looser, Vikings fan since the 60's. How many supper bowls and how many loses will we have to endure. I mean, come on guys. One supper bowl win is all we're asking before we need pacemakers and can't get excited anymore.
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 09:24 PM UTC
The best thing about the playoffs this past weekend is that Dallas got SPANKED! As for the rest I don't care, I look forward to the Super Bowl commercials.
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,199 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 03:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The best thing about the playoffs this past weekend is that Dallas got SPANKED!

What do you call 53 people sitting around a T.V. watching the Super Bowl?
The Dallas Cowboys

My pick for the Superbowl: New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts
Remember, I said it here first.
Evan
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 05:21 AM UTC
The Jets beat the Chargers! YEAH! That means I can whole heartedly root against Peyton Manning next week in the AFC championship game. If the Chargers had won last night I would have had to root for the Colts, just to keep the Chargers out of the Super Bowl. Did I happen to mention I hate the Chargers with a white hot hatred? Sorry for you Colts fans but I'm so sick of seeing Peyton Manning's face on the tube every time I turn it on that I'm pretty fed up with the Colts too, just not as much as I am against the Chargers.

Quoted Text

Camogirl and I are niners fans but unfortunately we don't get to see many games over here in the UK unless we want to pay a premium to Sky Media and then they rarely show a niners game it would be nice to see them in the top again someday though.

I don't know if they have announced it yet on the other side of the pond but the Niners are going to be playing my Broncos on Halloween in 2010 in Wembley Stadium. Hmmm, I wonder what kind of a deal I could get on plane tickets if I placed my reservation now? I've got 9 1/2 months to try and save for a road trip.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 09:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The best thing about the playoffs this past weekend is that Dallas got SPANKED!

What do you call 53 people sitting around a T.V. watching the Super Bowl?
The Dallas Cowboys

My pick for the Superbowl: New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts
Remember, I said it here first.
Evan

Wow that's not a real big a limb you are going out on,after all they are the # 1 seeds
but I hope for the same
No Jets,and no Favre thats what I like to see.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 05:33 PM UTC
I feel sorry for all you people who are not colts fans.

btw I went back to college for a second degree and Peyton was in one of my classes. He really is a good person. If you know him, you just cant help liking him. Now if I could only get him to send me some superbowl tickets.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 03:40 AM UTC
Still some life left in the vikings!
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 08:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I feel sorry for all you people who are not colts fans.

Manning has always come across as a class act. He won me over when he wanted to wear a pair of black high-tops as a tribute to Johnny Unitas when he died. Of course, the idiots in the NFL offices threatened him with a $25,000 fine if he did so he shelved the idea. He even went so far as to ask Unitas' family for permission to do it. A QB like Manning only comes along once in a lifetime.

And now that the Ravens are out i of it, as sick as it might make me feel, I have to pull for the Jets. Rex Ryan is putting together a good team up there and that defense is going to be one of the best in the league next year.