Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Pre-Assembled Tracks
TheCellarDweller
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 - 05:49 PM UTC
I was just hoping to get some feedback on what you think of the idea of selling fully assebled fruil tracks and then soaked in Blacken-It as a base color...

Can you see yourself buying something like that and if so how much would you pay?

I am always looking for ways to make money and I know Fruil tracks are great but a pain in the ass to assemble...Making tracks is my least favorite part of any build. Fruil tracks for me are 40.00 USD plus shipping so I would need to get atleast 50.00 USD to break even...Could you see yourself paying for these for maybe 60.00 USD?
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 01:24 AM UTC
the problem would be the amount of links needed per kit, you may manufacture sets too long, or too short, and not everyoe would want to go the blacken it way. but, an average length could be manufactured wth spares to be added and removed if neceseray.
also i wolnt use your service due to the fact fruils are expensive anyway! good luck
TheCellarDweller
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 02:02 AM UTC
I would only make track runs for kits that i have built first so i would know and see how many links I should use. I would then assemble the tracks 2 links short. Then Id throw in the extra links that i didn't use on my assembly of the tracks so the buyer could hone in on how many links they'll need for their specific model. I don't think people would mind if they had to add a few tracks...i will also drill out the extra links so all the buyer has to do insert a couple pieces of wire and they're good to go...This is good, i need constructive criticism...how much would you pay for something like this and what would you consider too expensive?
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:08 AM UTC
I like putting the tracks together, I am going to try Blacken next time... I don't think I would be willing to pay to have them put together. But I just read something today about a manufacture who includes jigs to bend grab handles with in the kit. I think they also supply the wire.... A selection of plastic jigs to bend grab handles with. What do think?

Michael