_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
ACUTR Frigate
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 11:46 AM UTC
Thanks, I hope it works. Hopefully I will have time to paint it again this weakend and see. I got the superstructure as far as it will get until I glue it to the deck.
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 12:27 AM UTC
Got the deck squared away and a few things attached to it. I am now about 95% done. I need to fabricate the short range surface scan radar and wait on an order to come in for the VLS. I have wanted to convert an Arleigh Burke missile destroyer into a helicopter destroyer for a while so am I taking this excuse as an opportunity to order the kit and kitbash its VLS that won't be used in the conversion. I really don’t want to cut and place 64 missile tube doors. I don’t have the patience to do that in 1/700 .
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 04:00 AM UTC
Success! Well I have to say that next time I do a scratch build (oh yes there will be a next time) I will do some things differently and that this baby didn't turn out perfectly. But considering that this is my first scracth build I am happy with it. I found the Sea RAM launcher that I wanted so I replaced the rear Phalanx with one. I fitted the VLS, flares, and short/medium range surface radar as well. I almost forgot the exhaust which I fitted on the stern pointing down to reduce the ships IR signature.
 _GOTOTOP