Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Need someone to scratchbuild...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 11:22 AM UTC
I have a 1/35 Morser Karl-Gerat and would like to display it mounted on the special railway transporter required to move the gun. I don't have the capabilities to do it myself and would be willing to trade three 1/48 aircraft or discuss a price.
TIA
Matt N.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 11:36 AM UTC
Hello Matt, You need not resort to scratch-building, either Dragon or Trumpeter released a kit of the Morser that included the transporter carriages. I believe it was Trumpeter but I am not sure. You may be able to find someone willing to part with just the parts for the transporters, if you don't want to buy another whole kit. Al
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 11:44 AM UTC
It was Trumpeter. The railway carriages were available with both initial and late (?) models.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 01:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Matt, You need not resort to scratch-building, either Dragon or Trumpeter released a kit of the Morser that included the transporter carriages. I believe it was Trumpeter but I am not sure. You may be able to find someone willing to part with just the parts for the transporters, if you don't want to buy another whole kit. Al

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that would part with half of a $100 kit for less than $90. I was lucky enough to get the Morser for about $40. If people in this forum aren't up to the challenge, I will just have to devote my own time to it. Thanks anyway.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 02:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that would part with half of a $100 kit for less than $90. I was lucky enough to get the Morser for about $40. If people in this forum aren't up to the challenge, I will just have to devote my own time to it. Thanks anyway.

You'd gain more out of the exercise by attempting it yourself. Frankly I don't know of anyone that would build this for less than US$100.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 - 12:00 AM UTC
Guess I'm off to my LHS for styrene sheets and tubes. Thanks Guys.
 _GOTOTOP