_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Plastic Medicine Dropper
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 02:56 AM UTC
While searching for something easier to use to measure liquids when mixing paint I came across the plastic medicine droppers used to give medicine to children. They hold about 5ML of liquid and come apart easily for cleaning. I haven't used it for paint yet but it works great for measuring and inserting your thinning medium of choice for your paint with no mess. If you want to use it with acrylic paints it seems like it would be easy to use and easy clean-up as well. Will be great for mixing those special paints or mixing for scale effect.

As a safety note, because it is a medicine dropper, I clearly marked mine with permanent marker as "DAD'S, DO NOT USE" and keep it in my tool box away from other droppers.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 03:00 AM UTC
Good Tip
To continue the theme - the little cups that come with OTC meds have nice little measuring lines on them and are a good size too. I save them and use them for mixing 'whatever' needs to be mixed.
JPeiper
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 317 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 03:29 AM UTC
Having two boys who had many ear infections as young children, I can tell you that I have lots of medicine measuring tools aka droppers and cups.

I use the droppers for measuring drops of thinner or water for thinning paint mixes for my figures. Works like a charm.

I have two seperate droppers. One each for thinner and one for water. Different color bulbs and labeled at "T" for thinner and "W" for water.

Keith
stressor
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 04:42 PM UTC
Working in a hospital has its benifits. I could secure a lot of medical cups and droppers, both plastics and glass types. sure helps in mixing paints
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 04:02 PM UTC
Aside from droppers, I use disposed syringes (without the needles, of course).
 _GOTOTOP