_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
airbrush recommendation plz
hkopper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:29 AM UTC
I hate to throw this loaded question but was wondering if someone could offer a recommendation for an all purpose airbrush. I currently own a iwata hp-c+ that is great for fine details but it is extremely delicate and clogs up easily. I have gone through enough nozzles and needles to have allowed me to buy another airbrush. Right now I'm looking a reliable airbrush that is easy to maintain and good for base coats and detailing. Looking for a dual action and with a built on paint cup.
Thanks in advance,
Hermann
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 02:07 AM UTC
Howdy..

I guess I'll be the first to bite the bullet..

It seems sometimes as if everyone has their own thoughts of whats the better airbrush.

My favorite is the Badger 360 universal.. has the best of both worlds as the head rotates and can work in gravity feed mode or siphon feed. (its the same basic design as the badger 155)

Its main drawback to me is that the paint cup you use in gravity feed is on the small side... actually very small which is why I tend to use gravity feed only for small parts and detailing. and siphon feed for larger area's..

I've been using mine for i think 3 or 4 years now and I've not had to repair or change out anything on it.

It has never really clogged up and i use everything from enamal paints to acrylic and future in it. Cleaning is easy I basicly shoot the correct cleaning agent through it.. pull the needle and clean it and put it back in.. (unless you have let paint dry in it..)

Later's.
Delbert

metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
entire network: 1,507 Posts
KitMaker Network: 195 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 09:31 AM UTC
at the risk of sounding redundant: maybe you should check iwata hp-cs (that's what i'm using)?
 _GOTOTOP