_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Bush Telegraph
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Giving away old kits (South Brisbane area)
Griffon65
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 363 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 12:37 PM UTC
Hi Guys

Does anyone in BRISBANE or NORTH GOLD COAST want some free, pre loved/built kits? I've got to get rid of most of them because they are just crowding my (rather small) room like something chronic, and I'm planning to move out sometime in the not-too-distant future.

I've got maybe 18 or so warbird kits in 1:48 scale, six 1:35 tank kits (mainly WW2 Russian tank kits, but there's a Dragon King Tiger Henschel Turret as well), and about 20 1:72 aircraft (mainly Hobby Boss) and tank kits (mainly Trumpeter and Revell kits).

In all honesty, they're a bit of a mess. They've all been mostly assembled, they've all been hand painted (quite badly in some cases), and none of the interiors are painted, but I still have their boxes with the vast majority of spare parts in them, so they should be good for spare parts, kitbashes, or painting hulks.

If anyone wants them, just PM me and we can organise a handover time and place.

Thanks for looking
Griffon65
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:40 PM UTC
Anyone? Either I give them away or they get binned.
Griffon65
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 07:03 PM UTC
I've binned almost all of my kits appart from an Airfix 1:48 Spitfire F22/24, a DML 1:35 King Tiger Henschel turret and a few (8) Revell and Trumpeter 1:72 tanks. All of them could scrub up fairly well with a bit of work because the paint is fairly thin, and in the King Tiger's case the side skirts aren't on and the tracks arent glued on very strongly, so they should be easy to get off.

I really need someone to take these off my hands soon because otherwise they're going to be binned like all the others, and these last ones are in the best condition of the lot.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 08:14 PM UTC
Hey Dean,

Do you think it would be possible to bundle the lot up into a box with some packing and send it to postcode 3096 Victoria. I would pay the postage and a bit extra for your trouble. I need a few kits to practice my fledgeling airbrushing skills on, this might be just the ticket !!

Cheers, D
Griffon65
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 08:33 PM UTC
I've sent you a PM about it Damian
 _GOTOTOP