_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies: Airbrushes
Talk about airbrushes.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Low cost airbrush holder at harbor freight.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 02:54 PM UTC
Hello all..

Just thought I'd toss this out.. Been looking for an airbrush holder for a bit but didn't like the ones i've seed at the craft stores or hobby shop I mostly thought they were a bit to pricy (25 to 40 bucks) and many oof em are clamp on types that I didnt' like.

Anyways was shopping at harbor freight tools today because I had a 20% off coupon and found a nice airbrush holder priced at $9.99 and it was just what I wanted..

at

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=98036
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 03:12 PM UTC
Thanks, Delbert for the heads-up. I've been looking for one for a while myself. A friend and I were just talking about heading to a newly opened Harbor Freight near us this Friday, so...now I am on a mission

Cheers,
Mike

pastafarian
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 207 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 03:41 PM UTC
I have one of these and it's a nice little airbrush. A friend of mine has a Badger (I think), we compared them and they looked pretty much the same. Even thinking it's probably just a Chinese copy.

Also at harbor freight I got a air regulator/water trap for $20 (compared to his 60 or 80 dollar job).

John
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 06:34 PM UTC
Delbert,
I've been using one of those for years, although I didn't get it from Harbor Freight, (and I'm sorry it's been so long I don't remember where I did buy it) but it wasn't much more than 10 bucks. The only difference is my is clamp mounted which for me and my workbench works out better than something just held on with suction cups. As you can see in the photo, I keep 4 airbrushes in it all the time, and they are all fed from one small compressor through a homemade manifold.
It's lasted me years, and I'm sure you'll be happy with your model of it.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:49 AM UTC
Glad to see its a good buy..The suction cups don't really do anything for me as they wouldn't stick to the top of my handmade wooden workbench anyways but i do like the table top version better than I would a clamp.. limited room and i need to keep things put away.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 03:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Glad to see its a good buy..The suction cups don't really do anything for me as they wouldn't stick to the top of my handmade wooden workbench anyways but i do like the table top version better than I would a clamp.. limited room and i need to keep things put away.

Still in the modeling closet I guess.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:32 PM UTC
Yep Dave

and I tell ya sometimes its hard to keep a closet all to myself in my apartment.. every year or so the wife starts making nosies that it would be a good place to store stuff....

I just keep telling her it's a good place to store me at times...lol

laters
Delbert
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 01:51 AM UTC
Be carefull she doesn't lock you in the closet like mine tried once. Hey, I guess there's worse places to get locked in!
 _GOTOTOP