_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies: Airbrushes
Talk about airbrushes.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Stupid Airbrush Question(let me have it here)
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 12:30 AM UTC
I have had two airbrushes take a dump on me. Both are the same make/model. I cleaned both of them thoroughly, after each use and neither of them are damaged. I do know that the paint is not making it to the brush. I was not aware that I need to oil them. Is there any way of saving them?
A VERY HUMBLE TIA
Matt N.
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
entire network: 1,507 Posts
KitMaker Network: 195 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 06:53 AM UTC
eh, what's your problem again? And what brand are your AB?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 09:42 AM UTC
OK. The paint is being drawn, via the siphon, to the airbrush. However, it is not making it through the nozzle. The airbrush has been thoroughly cleaned and lubed, but still won't spray. Air is coming out, but only air. The brush is 'Central Pneumatics', a.k.a. Harbor Freight brand.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 10:01 AM UTC
Hi Matt,

Is this the kit you have? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47791

I had one of these bottom feeder sprayguns (albeit a Badger) a while back. Here's what I'd suggest:

1) if the problem exists between the pot and the tip (seemingly since there is airflow from your source) take these pieces apart and blow air through each individual part, thereby checking for the blockage.

2) if there is no blockage, it is possible that your source of air isn't strong enough. And on that note you haven't told us if you're using a can, tyre, or compressor.

3) try shooting/spraying water through the A/B, if that works, then it could be a case of your paint mix being too thick.

I must admit, I've never oiled a A/B, and certainly not a basic one like this, so I'm not sure if that may have had some sort of negative effect.

Just a small heads up about the Harbour Freight A/B products: Being unfamiliar with the brand, I did a quick search and unfortunately the Harbour Freight airbrushes appear to be somewhat lacking in the quality department. I hope not, but this seems to be one of those terrible "you get what you pay for" situations, but mind you, at less than $10 for the A/B kit who could blame one for giving it a go.

Rudi
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 11:32 AM UTC
It's all good brother. I have a gravity fed mini sprayer on order. It is a decent brand, just have a couple of weeks before it arrives. Mean time, I'll try maxing my compressor's psi(think it is 150) and running some soap and water through it.
Thanks
Matt N.
 _GOTOTOP