Hosted by Matt Leese
"The Badger patriot"
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 04:26 PM UTC

The purpose of an airbrush in scale modeling is to give you a reasonable representation of a scaled paint scheme. Whether you preshade or not. I was very happy with the amount of paint I could laydown consistantly. Now truthfully this is 60% the paint consistancy, 30% the airbrush design and 10% the modeler''s ability. If you have an average experience in the first and the last issues the middle is fully met in the Model 105 Patriot.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
entire network: 1,507 Posts
KitMaker Network: 195 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 09:58 PM UTC
enjoyed reading your review. could you elaborate on this please? :
Quoted Text

this is 60% the paint consistancy,

JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 05:48 AM UTC
Certainly! The most critical and important portion of paint appliction is the consistancy of the paint you are using. Roughly a 2:1 ratio of paint to thinner is needed. Some say the consistancy of milk. It is the one thing that the modeler must get right for the paint to flow through the airbrush and lay down on the kit surface.

Even with a great airbrush, if your paint is sludge you will have knackered the whole affair.
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
entire network: 1,507 Posts
KitMaker Network: 195 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 06:03 AM UTC
thanks
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 02:44 PM UTC
Hi

Nice Review. very informative..

I'll attest to the basic design of the airbrush. I have been using the Badger 360 for a couple of years and I love it. The one fault with the 360 is the color cup for gravity feed is very small so that it can also accept siphon feed too.

In either feed mode it is a great airbrush but what I like about the gravity feed is so little paint seems to go so far. ...the action is smooth and clean up is such a breeze...

anyways glad to know there is a new option out there in case I ever decide to upgrade..

laters
Delbert
 _GOTOTOP