_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
valentine help needed
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 01:12 AM UTC
Currently working on Maquette's valentine and what a head ache. Instructions are not worth the paper they are printed on and leaves me wondering just where and how certain parts go/fit. Tried to google the valentine and got a few pics but they leave alot to be desired. Does anyone have a link to a site for this tank. Looking for early lend lease pics. Any help is already appriciated, thanks.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 01:36 AM UTC
Hi Bob,

Here are a couple of links that might be of some help. I use this site quite often for reference photos.

http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/valentineiii.htm

http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/valentine.htm

Hope this helps some.

HARV
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 01:43 AM UTC
Try looking for someone who has a set of the Dragon Valentine instructions. They are the same kit and probably better instructions.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 05:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Try looking for someone who has a set of the Dragon Valentine instructions. They are the same kit and probably better instructions.

Bob
I've got the Marquette Bishop, same hull and such as the Valentine, and the DML Valentine and the DML instructions are certainly better. If you want PM me with your email and I can scan them and send it to you.

Even with the DML instructions the kit isn't the easiest one on the block to build, but it can be done.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 09:48 AM UTC
Thanks guys. Alot better than what I was working with. Rodger, p.m. on the way.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 01:33 PM UTC
Hi Bob:
I've got the same kit MQ-3550, the instructions are not so bad on mine. The quality control dept. was missing the day my kit was made. Here are some pics. of what I had to do correct the bad injection problems.

The turret hole had a gaping area where the injection did not complete it self so I had to add some plastic. The next 2 photos show this.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here the turret mantle was just a blob of plastic and had to be reconsturcted.
Photobucket

The same with the back of the turret.
Photobucket

At least all is well now, if you need the instructions I can scan them and send to you. These are pretty good, I have been able to follow them.

Robert
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 02:04 AM UTC
That one is worse than mine. At least they included all the plastic I find my instructions to be very much useless as to exactly were to place some parts. Included was a new sprue of road wheels and nothing mentioned as to the useability of the original parts, messed up or earlier style??? Part fit has not been bad, but the addition of parts with no explnation and trying to google up info is frustrating. Trying to do an early lend lease to Russia so sand skirts are not an option for me. Must designate a track night. Is there enough track for extra peices or is it just enough so that if I screw up I'm out of luck?
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 08:52 AM UTC
Bob,

If you find yourself without enough information on where something should go PM me & I'm sure I can help you. I have an extensive collection of photos of an early Canadian Mk VI, which is almst identical to a Mk II/IV, plus a lot of parts and stowage drawings of various marks from visits to Bovington. Between us, we should be able to figure almost anything out for you.

Paul
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 09:51 AM UTC
Bob the Valantine and its varients at Bovington have a mix of up to 3 patterns when it comes to wheels. I will get you some pictures on Sunday and send them to you if you wish.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 01:08 AM UTC
Thanks everyone. Paul, Darren; I appriciate all the help. All photos ect. would be helpful. As I google this vehical, I'm finding it's turned into a treasure hunt. Very interesting the things you find, just keep on diging and I never know what I'll find. Kind of funny though. I have to do all this research just to bring it into shape to build it as a deralict. Part of the package deal .
 _GOTOTOP