TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Sea Patrol
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 08:38 PM UTC
G'Day All

I greeted that way because I just discovered a very good TV series out of Australia called Sea Patrol. I've watched the first two seasons and have fallen in love with the show. It's good action, great cast and most of all, it's a Navy show!

It takes place onboard HMAS Hammersley, a coastal patrol vessel out of Cairns. It's 'controlled' by NAVCOM, a fantasy headquarters and uses real ships for it's sets and looks to be the business as far as realism is concerned. There are some minor things but that would be nitpicking. All in, they're pretty good at accurately portraying shipboard operations and Navy life.

I recommend it if you get the chance. Anybody else seen it? How 'bout you lot down under, "do you hear there"...?

cheers

Bob
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:07 PM UTC
Hey Bob
Yeah I watched the first couple of series
Quite entertaining for sure... But to be honest in reality not too much goes on in our waters (on that side of our wide brown land at least ) so there is some inventive script writing for sure!
Brad
Kastanova
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 150 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:35 PM UTC
Its a good series, I have them on dvd, purchased from my work (K-mart). they see more action in one episode than the real navy see's in 3 months. lol but is a treat to watch i recomend it to. next seasons out in 2010 can hardly wait.

Cheers,
Mat