TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Pirates of the Caribbean ships
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 11:14 AM UTC
Go to the movie website. I just typed in "Pirates of the Carribean' and the first site was the official movie site.
You are right, Interceptor is the Lady Washington. The Dauntless and Black Pearl are basically models and sets constructed for the film. The Dauntless, btw, is supposed to resemble HMS Victory.
I thought the film was great fun! Didn't mind spending the money there. Funny, exciting, and a good-old yarn.
GhengisWong
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 74 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 04:12 AM UTC
The Lady Washington is based out of Washington state as far as I know. It was also in that Star Trek movie where they made Warf walk the plank.

Here is a link for more info on the ship.

http://ladywashington.linsect.com/

The Lady Washington regularly sails up and down the west coast in the summer. From Seattle to San Diego, it stops at cities all along the journey. A friend and I saw it in Marina Del Rey in Los Angeles. It's pretty cool, but nothing compared to the HMS Victory. That ship is HUGE!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 02:47 PM UTC
I heard this movie was supposed to be pretty good. What I heard was if you could only go to one, this would probably be it as it wasn't a remake and was great fun. The only sailing ship I was on was the Constitution and I was in awe. What a beauty and of course one of those parts of US history are sacred like the Alamo and Gettysburg as well.