_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Thinning Squadron
AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 08:26 PM UTC
I have read one or two threads on how to do this, however, they are not to specific (for my begginer's knowledge). I read that you can use testors luiquid cement for this, is that the stuff in the red tube?? any help will be awesome.

Second, I am looking into using Pigments for the first time. I have seen everyone use MIG Productions. My question is, If I do get these products, how do I apply them without having to buy the acrylic resin or plaster to get the mud effect. Perhaps someone out there has a better technique?
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 03:44 AM UTC
Hello Alex, Testors liquid cement comes in a small glass bottle or a little black dispenser bottle. The stuff in the tube is referred to as tube cement and is much thicker, and doesn't bond as well as the liquid type. Liquid cement is a solvent and melts and welds plastic together. To thin putty use the liquid type. Pigments are a powder and can be used as-is to simulate dust or for other types of weathering. If you want to depict mud, then you have to use something which can be built up thicker. Al
 _GOTOTOP