_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Land Wasser
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 01:47 PM UTC
Land Wasser kits on the market... any idears which kit could be the better, reguarding have good selection of material...bumpers, pe etc which has the best details, inside...tracks rubber or individual type... any opinions out their?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 02:51 PM UTC
If you take a look at the reviews section here on Armorama I believe you will find the answers you seek, and will be able to decide which kit you want far more easily than by members here trying to answer your question with words.
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 10:50 PM UTC
I have kepted up with review section. But sometimes it's not enough information. I was looking for metal tracks for the land wasser. It apears their not available yet...
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 03:37 AM UTC
Hello Michael, I bought the Bronco LWS after reading a few reviews here and elsewhere. It is pricier than the HobbyBoss kit. What convinced me was the amount of injector marks visible on the interior of the HB LWS. Also the Bronco kit has individual link track, and although I'm not a real big fan of individual link, they looked much better than the vinyl ones provided by HobbyBoss. The only after-market items I'm aware of for either kit are the rope bumpers that surround the hull, and a few crew figures. The bumpers are available for either kit. The crewmen are intended for the HobbyBoss one. The one disadvantage to the Bronco kit is some very tiny parts. In my opinion the Bronco kit is a little over-engineered. There are separate, and very tiny, handles for the deck hatches in the interior that could have just as easily been molded in. My only other complaint is that although Bronco provides photo-etched grills for the engine intakes, the intakes themselves are molded very shallow and need to be deepened for a better appearance. This is a simple correction to make but when every deck hatch is supplied as an (IMHO unnecessary) separate part, I don't know why they didn't avoid the necessity to do so. I hope this helps a little. Al
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 01:00 AM UTC
I'm leaning on purchasing the Bronco and purchasing the thatchweave after market bumpers...I like to find the fuil tracks for it. It apears their not available. I been nosing around on the Thatchweave web page and their was a beautiful rendition of an older kit their. Along with a couple of articles from recent magazines, I think the Bronco kit is my selection. Thanks for your input AL.

Michael
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 11:52 AM UTC
You are welcome Michael, glad I could help. Al
Damraska
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 08:58 AM UTC
Bronco is the better of the two.

Voyager makes a PE set for at least one Bronco kit:

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=PE%2035283

Lion Roar makes resin bumpers for the LWS. Not sure which kit(s) they will fit:

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=LR%20E35087

Bronco has an after-market decal set for the LWS. Would work for any of the models out there, I suppose:

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=BRO%20AB3517

Thatchweave makes really neat bumpers for the LWS. I'm sure they would fit any variant:

http://thachweave.tripod.com/products.htm (scroll down)

The Bronco kit uses Panzer II tracks. WWII production tracks apparently fit perfectly, though I have not tried it. The Hobby Boss version uses a special track. I do not believe there is an after-market replacement for those.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/message/1224713091/LWS+Tracks

-Doug
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:38 AM UTC
Tanks Doug!

Bronco 35020 is going to be it...it has the bumpers with the kit..... All though the thatch weave products look super... I rather spend the money on the tracks. Figures their got to out their for it...will keep researching their are a couple of places more to look at yet..Michaellinkname
Damraska
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 02:08 PM UTC
Hi Michael,

One amendment to my comments: After reading numerous reviews and newsgroup comments on the Bronco and Hobby Boss LWS kits, I came to the conclusion that the Bronco kit is significantly superior. I bought the original Bronco release but have not opened or built it.

Steve Joyce just posted in the General group that he had a lot of problems with the Bronco kit:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/148337&page=1

You may want to ask Steve a few questions about the Bronco kit before making a final decision. Also, I actually like individual link tracks, especially the plastic kind, and enjoy building them. Not everyone feels the love, if you know what I mean.

-Doug
 _GOTOTOP