_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
How to IPMS?
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 02:45 AM UTC
How do we get started in joining/making and IPMS club in Saudi. Right now there are four dedicated modellers including myself in Saudi Arabia. Not that any of us are any good, BUT WE DO HAVE LOTS OF FREE TIME.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 12:20 AM UTC
Hello mondo and welcome to Armorama! Regarding the IPMS club, I think no Filipino here is a member of it and we got no info to help you out. Sorry
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 11:18 AM UTC
Hi Mondo,

shonnen is right , either you have to be a charter member of the IPMS-US so you guys can get a quarterly magazine, I am not sure about their annual membership fee.
I know you guys have a lot of time, coz i've been in Qatar for 4 yrs. and life back in the Mid East is really in a slow pace ... anyway just keep in touch with us ..
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 10:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mondo,

shonnen is right , either you have to be a charter member of the IPMS-US so you guys can get a quarterly magazine, I am not sure about their annual membership fee.
I know you guys have a lot of time, coz i've been in Qatar for 4 yrs. and life back in the Mid East is really in a slow pace ... anyway just keep in touch with us ..

Quarterly magazine from IPMS? Hoo wee! Looks like I wanna join one here! :-)
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 06:41 PM UTC
Hello Mondo

I'm not sure if you've been successful in putting up an IPMS in Saudi. (Wala pa bang IPMS sa Saudi?)

If the 4 of you already meet regularly then 1 of you should contact IPMS UK who is the umbrella organization of IPMS worldwide. IPMS UK issues a Charter that grants Clubs to establish an IPMS in their country & allows them to use the IPMS name.

IPMS Philippines has existed for a long time and we have been granted the Charter by IPMS UK.

If you need more assistance just drop me a line.

Thanks.
 _GOTOTOP