_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
hi everyone newby here
montysman
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 03:16 PM UTC
Hi all, done alot of different types of mpdels as a kid and after seeing some of the amazing stuff here thought id have a go again. I was thinking of a ww2 german tank of some description but im unsure of model and brand any help would be great. thanks.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:51 AM UTC
Hello and welcome, You didn't mention what scale you want to work in. In 1/35, Tamiya of Japan is a well known and well respected maker of armor kits. Their kits are known as "Shake and Bake", meaning they are well engineered and usually fairly easy to assemble (shake the box and a completed model will fall out). There are other manufacturers as well, Trumpeter, Dragon, and AFV Club, for example. All have their good points, as well as some bad. I'm not as familiar with 1/72 scale kits. Maybe someone else can point you in the right direction if you prefer that scale. Your best bet is to read a few build-logs & reviews on this site and others, and then make up your mind. Of the WW II German tanks, the Panzers Mk II, Mk III, and Mk IV are probably easier to build than a Mk V Panther or Mk VI Tiger. The latter two have a more complicated suspension system. Hope I helped. Al
montysman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 01:05 PM UTC
yes thanks thats a great help think 1:35 seems the better option. Went into my attic today and found my old hansa aero-pro 201 ab bet its an antique now but seems to work still so saved a few quid there.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 02:15 AM UTC
Welcome back to the hobby jreynolds! As Al says,the Tamiya kits in 1/35 armor would probably the choice for a warm-up/re-aquaint project. Have fun!
Rick
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 05:30 AM UTC
welcome newby
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 05:32 AM UTC
Welcome. You'll enjoy it here...lots of good advice, good people.

Matt
montysman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 02:08 AM UTC
thanks all. Got tha tamiya panzer ausf A model apparently its a bit old and crappy from what i've read but it was a reasonable price for learning again and wont be to heart broken if i cock it up. Great site by the way.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 03:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

thanks all. Got tha tamiya panzer ausf A model apparently its a bit old and crappy from what i've read but it was a reasonable price for learning again and wont be to heart broken if i cock it up. Great site by the way.

You have to start somewhere. Some people learn to swim by diving off the deep end, but it's a good way to drown. I started (a loooooong time ago) by building (who needs to paint, it's molded in the 'right' color) and putting on the decals. Then building, painting a few details, and putting on the decals. I started reading model magazines and progressed to painting, doing research, adding detail, and weathering, as I went along. Joining a club, going to a model show, and talking with other modelers on-line can be a great learning experience. You will find that you can turn an 'old and crappy' model into something you'll be proud of. Al
bluueyee
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 - 11:35 PM UTC
Hello friends
This is my first post and i am dedicating this to the Introduction Forum as per the forum rules. Before introducing myself, i would just like to thanks the Administrator of this forum for giving me opportunity to join this community. Here I am going to introduce myself.I am Bluueyee.I m very glad to found this site.I am glad to be a part of this community and hope to gain some knowledge from other people as well.This site is really doing great work.I've enjoyed meeting new people on this forum.Thanks.
 _GOTOTOP