Hosted by Matt Leese
Input on IWATA Revolution CR
BillGorm
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 609 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 04:33 AM UTC
I tried to post this earlier, but could only see a small portion of the text. Question is / was about an IWATA Revolution CR as a first airbrush: 1) Is it a reasonable first choice for an airbrush (budget < $125) and 2) What other brushes would you consider in that price range? I'm looking at the Paasche Talon, Premi-Air G35, and IWATA Eclipse HP-CS. Thanks.
BillGorm
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 05:17 AM UTC
Just to add to my original post - what about the MIG Productions airbrushes? I don't hear much about them and they seem to be very reasonably priced.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I tried to post this earlier, but could only see a small portion of the text. Question is / was about an IWATA Revolution CR as a first airbrush: 1) Is it a reasonable first choice for an airbrush (budget < $125) and 2) What other brushes would you consider in that price range? I'm looking at the Paasche Talon, Premi-Air G35, and IWATA Eclipse HP-CS. Thanks.

Bill, I have a Revolution CR which as I use as my general purpose AB and I would highly recommend it. It can be used for larger coverage and it's not bad for some detail work. It's easy to use, and clean and also very solidly built. The only thing I would buy to go with it would be a pre-set handle, that just makes it easier to use if you're trying to do a camo scheme or some detail work.

I can't comment on the other brushes you listed except to say I have two Iwata AB's and love 'em both, you can't go wrong with them!

Oh, and for some of the best prices around check out: http://www.dixieart.com/ (I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer!)

Best,
Mike
BillGorm
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 02:41 AM UTC
Mike - Thanks for the input. Sounds like you find the Revolution CR less than ideal for detail work. I guess that's the trade-off of buying the CR rather than a more expensive airbrush? Also, the pre-set you suggest ... I assume that's a non-standard part I need to specify when I purchase the brush?
FalkeEins
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 868 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 03:01 AM UTC
check out Rowan's review of the G-35 here. Its basically a cheaper "version" of the CR. Can't beat it for the price..

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=forums/147895&page=1#
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
entire network: 1,507 Posts
KitMaker Network: 195 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 05:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have the HP-CS and I'm very satisfied with it. Good for over-all spray, and can produce very fine lines for detailing. Mind you, you will need to learn to control the trigger for that. I believe that iwata has a brush with a screw that lets you adjust how far the needle goes (and thus, how fine will you spray). If I'm not mistaken, it's the hp-c brush
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 07:45 AM UTC
Ive got the revolution and the Hi line ...I squeezed some very fine lines and finishes out of my revolution ...but I must say the Hi line is MUCH more fun to work with ..and probably your best bang for buck out of Iwata in my opinion..(and a freind who is a salesman of Iwata brushes..)
 _GOTOTOP