_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Getting to know the neighbors
IronPanther
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 08:00 AM UTC
Any modelers from the midwest out there? Me specifically I hail from Davenport Iowa....wouldnt mind getting in touch with a few "mentors" to teach me more about general techniques.
Josh
capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 860 Posts
KitMaker Network: 340 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 09:12 AM UTC
Well, this site, Track-links, and missing-lynx have enough information for a very good start on just about any area of modelling. Also, looking at some of the other links available from these sites will make sure you will not have enough time to build anything Seriously, these sites provide access to the experience of so many great modelers around the world that all one need do is ask for help and it is there. We live in blessed times.
capnjock
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 12:16 PM UTC
http://www.ipmsusa.org/Groups_Contests/group_con_frame.htm " TARGET="_blank"> http://www.ipmsusa.org/Groups_Contests/group_con_frame.htm and click on the directiory link. Click on the map of Iowa for IPMS clubs in that state. If Davenport isa near a border, click on the bordering states , as well. Also, check the local hobby stores for referals to local, non-IPMS clubs.
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 02:09 PM UTC
Hey IronPanther, I and Selrach are from Indiana, but I just started modeling about a month ago. Sel has been working on models since he was a kid.

chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 04:44 PM UTC
Iron Panther, from Wisconsin here, my grandma went to nurse training in Davenport Iowa. At Mercy Hospital, I think.

~Chip :-)
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 09:06 AM UTC
I am in Kansas City, look me up if you happen to be down this way. Technically it's Excelsior Springs, Missouri.

Rob
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 09:08 AM UTC
Marion, Indiana here. Not much of a Hawkeye fan IronPanther (Go Boilers) but if you need anything, fire away.

Shaun
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 774 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 12:12 PM UTC
I used to know a girl from Davenport!! Does that count?

Coop
IronPanther
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 47 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 07:00 AM UTC
hey thanks for all the help guys. its just a bit harder sometimes for me to read something and then try and do it myself. i guess practice does make perfect. i really need to get familiar with tanks...paint schemes, what the insides look like, painting techincques, working with figures, working with PE parts, and finally investing in an air brush. I'm gathering more materials now to finish the dio i want to do for my Panther G. I'm thinking my next project is going to involve a Sherman and I'll start trying a few different things here and there. Thanks again guys...and for keenan....GO HAWKEYES! #:-)

Josh
 _GOTOTOP